New here to this forum!

bobby416n

Hi guys! I decided to join a forum and learn more about fishing from the more seasoned expert fishermen on here. I live in Dexter NY area and have two boats. They are nothing fancy or expensive by all means. My bigger boat is an older 1974 MFG caprice classic 21Ft cuddy set up for fishing. The other is a smaller 1986 Sea sprite 17' open bow. I love fishing and hoping to have more time on the water in my up coming years to gain more knowledge in fishing for walleyes, lake trout and the king salmon. Most of the time in the past I have always went with friends on their bigger boats. I want to figure out which lures works the best for each of the types of fish and how far back from the boat and if I need to use fluorocarbon and all the specifics. So if I ask dumb questions or post  silly things its because I'm still learning.

Most of my experience has been in smaller lakes but now that I live next to lake Ontario I like to launch from Henderson harbor and go out to the shipping lanes or the trenches for salmon. I have yet to experience spring lake trout with my boat but maybe this next coming spring. I love walleye fishing and troll near Everleigh Point and south Shore Rd, but still learning what works for walleye also. I also enjoy ice fishing and hunting as my favorite sports.