Mini casting version of ff ?

This might belong in the tributary section but it is a tackle thing so... here goes..

Anyone ever tried doing-up a mini version of a flasher-fly or flasher-spoon for casting?  IF so did it work? 

My "new" old boat is still being restored, only had it out 3X this Summer so I'm fish'n from pier, tributaries,estuaries .  Out there I really like the available colors and sizes for trolling spoons and fly's ( just started making my own fly's ) and I can't cast them soo.......

SO I figured I would put a casting spoon ( no hooks ) as my flasher, followed by a foot of leader material then a regular trolling spoon.  I can't cast this set-up as far as my casting spoons alone but its close. 

I also have a silver jig ( that I may or may not paint ) that is a lot more aero that I also tied the same set up to and it fly's out there 150' off the pier or shore.  However it does not have nearly the same action as a flasher or even spoon but it does get me out there a ways. 

The main reason I tried this is because I really love my glow spoons and I dont' have luck with the  cleo's and moonshine glows, nor can I cast them too far. 

I fish mostly in front of the grindstone where it is a very steady drop off to 10' fow.  end of pier is only 5'.

Edited by Hounds

I have used and caught fish casting off intercostal jetties in Florida using a 3/4 oz cleo followed by a fly 15".

Hmm.  Cool.   Thanks for reply.  I'm gonna keep using it and see what happens.  Might even try it for early Browns before I get the boat out again.