Alaska Trip

Guppy35

Not really a trolling question, but I wasn't sure where to post it.  Some family and I are planning an Alaska trip in June/July of 2016.  We will be flying into Anchorage, and are looking for some fishing information.  Right now, we had planned on staying at two cabins at separate locations.  The first cabin is on 30 mile lake (Chickaloon cabin).  The second location is a cabin in Houston, AK, which is on Little Susitna river I believe.  We really haven't done much research on it yet, but were wondering if anybody is familiar with the area, and if those would be good fishing locations for that time of year, or if we should be looking into other locations nearby.  We would like to avoid the rivers that have fisherman shoulder to shoulder, as none of us are too familiar with that type of fishing.  We will be ending our trip on a Halibut charter in Homer.

Any information would be great, and I am certainly open to other suggestions.  Feel free to PM me if it's easier.

Thank you!!

Sean

Near the Houston area is also Willow Creek and Montana Creek which are good for spawning salmon and rainbows. Google up maps for those areas. Check out reports for fishing the area. Become familiar with local fishing regulations also. Halibut fishing in Homer I did well with "Lucky Pierre Charter" who took us out in the Gulf rather than Cook Inlet where the tides of thirty foot cause an eight MPH current.

Edited by jimski2