Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
FishingTheFL

Anyone go for perch today?

How did you do? I went on Friday and did very well. Not a lot of size but sometimes non stop action.  I fished in the channel where there must have been 10-15 boats around. After that bite stop I fished in about 28 feet of water nearer to the middle of Cayuga and found  a school of perch. Again not huge fish like Seneca but they made up for in numbers. Used fat heads.

Good luck

Thanks. I ended up top lining to goose watch hoping the perch moved from the north end but ended up hitting a large LL right off the end of goose watch dock. I'm not looking for huge slobs. Just a meal. Been since November since I ate fish... Fresh fish... LL broke off at the boat. Was only hit of the day

Sent from my XT1528 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• Seager Marine Fall Perch Tournament

Yes - it's that time of year again!  The Seager Marine Fall Perch Tournament will be held on Canandaigua Lake this year on Saturday, October 12, 2019.  Same price, same rules, same payouts and plaques, and same fun weigh-in!  Need to pre-register by 5;00PM on Friday, October 11th.  Entry fee is $40 per team (1 - 3 persons), weigh-in 5 live perch for total weight.  Fishing hours are 7:00am to 3:00pm, weigh-in at 3:30pm.  We'll have reg forms and rules up on our website soon.

in Finger Lakes Discussion

• Sodus Today

Myself and a friend went out of sodus this morning we had a pretty good day we caught 4 steel head and two kings all came off of chinook divers set on 4 260ft out,every fish hit the silver bullet jay plug,nothing else seemed to get there attention.One king was in the 12lb range and the other was a little smaller all in all it was a bonus day with no tackle being lost unlike some people.Tight lines and we will try again,PS i heard the perch are on the bite in canandaigua  lake.

in New York Fishing Reports - Lake Ontario (South Shore)

• Samson Today

Fished the shelf out in front of the marina down to the officer,s club in around 90ft of water,Had a total of 7  with some nice laker,s in the lot most came off of blades with spin glo and a few with straight copper and a great lakes #4 fluger copy,All the fish went back with the exception of two.Nice to see the lake coming back.

in Finger Lakes Discussion

• Thoughts about today fishing out if the Port o Rochester

Went out yesterday. Very choppy. Temps of 47-50 were very deep. Took my dad. Went 1/3. Heading out today. With so many wind changes etc does anyone have any good tips or thoughts on where to go? I'll be on the water at 2pm. Looks like rain but I can deal with that.   Thanks!   Sent from my LM-G710VM using Lake Ontario United mobile app    

in New York Fishing Reports - Lake Ontario (South Shore)

• Perch rigs?

I'm extremely green to the perch game but I'm diving in! Want to fish Erie for perch in the very near future (possibly this weekend). Is it worth trying this time of year? When are the best times to target them? Also, what are the go to setups right down to hook color if that Truely matters for catching perch? I know it's kind of a complex questions but looking for whatever and as much info anyone is willing to share and all info is GREATLY appreciated!! Thanks.

in Panfish