Friday Morning Braddocks Bay Area

Dropped in solo for a quick morning run out of Braddocks....  putted out of the so called channel, as it was my first trip out of the bay this season. Some areas of the channel showing 1.6 ft. of water under my 17 ft. tin boat.  I can't wait until they start dredging later this summer.

8 boats off the bay, mostly 60 -100 ft. of water, bait and fish everywhere... mid 40's temp. down 60ft.. .. dead flat calm, no clouds... slow bite. The third rod down was a VK flasher with a 4.0 Apex watermelon behind it .... this combo seems to take at least 1 fish every time it's been in the water for the last couple of seasons.. The rig stayed  down about 30 seconds, and fired with a 26" Atlantic... first one I've caught in a long time. 

Tried the usual tactics, lures size, color, brand, flashers and dodgers, changed direction and speeds, couldn't get them to go.  Many boats headed out deep, I had business, so I headed back in after 2 hours.

This could be a good starting point for other weekend warriors... lots of fish in the area if you can figure out the program.

Jim S.

Edited by J.D.