New to the Roemer release

I just got a couple of Roemer releases off EBay. They arrived without the original packaging so I have no idea how to use them. I've searched here on the site but, to this point, have not found anything that tells/shows how they work. It does appear that from all the hits I got when I searched that these are a very popular release. I'm running blacks at the ball and would like to use these to stack. They have come with the metal clips. Would certainly appreciate someone steering me to an existing post on the how to's of these devices or taking the time to explain. What attaches to the rigger cable? How does the rod line go in? How about adjusting?

Thanks!!!!

Dave, take the silver clip off and attach this back end to the cable. Slide your clip back in( careful not to drop the clip, I had spares) Let down your cable holding on to the release to where ever your stacking to ( I usually go 7-10') then push the clip up to lock it on the cable. Try to lock it so the rest of release is pointed to the rear( lure) Open the release by lifting the bottom metal loop up, the plastic screw there is your release tension adjustment. I double the line and put in the opening of the hinge near the top then lock it down and put the rest of the doubled line thru the bottom clip. Sorry if that is clear as mud but they are pretty nice stacking releases once you get use to them.

Thanks for the reply.... does the release tension adjustment screw point up or down?

Open the release by lifting the bottom metal loop up, the plastic screw there is your release tension adjustment. I double the line and put in the opening of the hinge near the top then lock it down and put the rest of the doubled line thru the bottom clip. Sorry if that is clear as mud but they are pretty nice stacking releases once you get use to them.

I would give the Chamberlain release a try. They cost a little more but are worth it. They don't come in stacker's yet but I am working on that. I have been a romer fan for 20+ years but have switched to these new releases and they are great I gave them a good work out this spring out west and they preformed flawlessly. You can crank the rods right down to the water so you have no bow in the rigger line and they will release even when there is a smaller fish on.Now that romer is out of business. In time they are going to be hard to find. Don't get me wrong I still use my romers to stack lines but sooner or later they will stop working.