Need advice

stoneam2006

Question guys. My boat is a 3.0 mercruiser i/o and want to put in water first chance I can (not ready yet) I am wondering what or how to make sure i don't freeze up. Hoping to be in water by end of April at the latest. What temps do I need to worry about or what can I do on the chilly nights to stop it and protect my boat. Thanks in advance I'm sure I'll get good advice as usual.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

All of the above is spot on, and like mentioned above it needs to freeze solid to do any damage. Just make sure you use a regular lightbulb, I gave this same advice and I get a phone call" I had a skim layer of ice in my motor this morning, I said first how the hell do you know that, he pulled a line to the exhaust manifold and I can see it" what type of light did you use,  my drop with a long bulb, long bulb you mean a fluorescent bulb, I guess, what a F-N knot head, they don't make heat!!! Ooh yea I never thought about it.  :smoke: some times you can't fix stupid!!!!

All of the above is spot on, and like mentioned above it needs to freeze solid to do any damage. Just make sure you use a regular lightbulb, I gave this same advice and I get a phone call" I had a skim layer of ice in my motor this morning, I said first how the hell do you know that, he pulled a line to the exhaust manifold and I can see it" what type of light did you use,  my drop with a long bulb, long bulb you mean a fluorescent bulb, I guess, what a F-N knot head, they don't make heat!!! Ooh yea I never thought about it.  :smoke: some times you can't fix stupid!!!!

Lmao...that funny stuff right there.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk