Suggestions and Advise needed for my fishing trip

I have an Idea for a loc salmon trip from the 28th of Aug. to the 1st of September that I could really use some help in planning.

Myself and a friend or two are planning on starting somewhere mid-lake and staying on my boat and trolling east trough several ports over the course of several days, staying in various ports overnight. If the stars and planets all align correctly for us.....It could be a very relaxing and adventurous trip, interrupted occasionally by a screaming drag :lol::lol: This is obviously weather permitting and heavy winds or thunderstorms could keep us stuck in one port for the entire time....who knows?

But this is what we are planning and we will hope for good weather. Now for the planning stage.....what do you think a realistic 4 day goal would be? Where to start and where to end? How about something like Braddocks to Oswego? Where would good ports be to overnight...shower....gas up and eat? Loc stations along the way. Any thoughts that I should consider that I may be overlooking? Am I whack for even considering it :?

Lucky Enuff handles bumpy water very well and she is equipped for the job, and I think it could be a blast If I plan it well and Mother Nature works with me (and we know she won't). I have 2 good chart plotters with a c-map, so I'll be in good shape that way, but I'm unfamiliar with the water from Point Breeze to Sodus, which makes planning kinda hard. I have a feeling my LOU family can help me out though ;)

Any and all thoughts will be appreciated in planning this trip. Hope to talk with some of you guys along the way.

Rob;

What a great idea!!! sounds like a REEL good time. Better check water depth going out of Braddocks, Sandy might be the ticket? Of course you should stop @ Rochester and stay the night @ Mayers marina the have transit slips, but call and book first, from there fairhaven, sodus, mexico...Bring Lots of Familiar Bite with you...run it deep and slow way back behind the boat

Just my 2 cents

I hear ya Ray. This may be the first trip for me on lake O I put having fun and relaxing ahead of catching fish. It's just something I want to do. I may have to leave a good pod of fish to make the next port....but who knows what I may run into ??

Mark, I plan on running cut bait on a rod or two the whole trip, just like you suggest. I want to do a lot of experimenting on this trip. Would you happen to have a number for Mayers?