Flasher fly color, water color and the details survey.

I'd like to start a thread that discusses the selection of fly colors as it relates to water clarity and water color.

I have been running https://www.ironduketrollingflies.com/ ( Mike is a great guy that makes a really great product for a great price)

I run the UV wild child a fly that almost always works for me but it seemed dead the other day so I changed to a game over fly ( green chartreuse and UV) The water color was green and slightly dingy (Cayuga). The change made an instant improvement on the bite. So my first question is how much do you guys look at the water color to determine your fly choice? The sun was bright that day and usually that meant UV but the mix of chartreuse and UV seemed to be the ticket. Also wanted to get an opinion on the leader length and how important it is. I went thru and measured each leader to exactly 22" for my SD and 36" for my paddles making sure each rig had a nice snell and hung straight. Seemed to help..

Including a pic of my super hot custom paddle that all I did was add a few UV spoon tape to the face, it truly out fished all other paddles 3-1 this weekend. Probably just in the hot zone for depth, lol. Also why do guys only run meat off of the bigger paddles? I love the action it gives a fly.

Whatcha guys think?

IMG_20170703_200030324.jpg

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Lake Ontario United mobile app