CAPT. JOHN VISICH MEMORIAL TOURNAMENT

Once again the charter captains of Oak Orchard are introducing yet ANOTHER tournament for the anglers fishing Oak Orchard.

The John Visich Memorial Tournament will take place this Sunday.

Captain John Visich (RELEASE) was a long time charter veteran of Lake Ontario and Lake Erie. We lost John to cancer last winter and the Oak was not the same this summer without him. In his memory we are bringing you the John Visich Memorial Tournament this Sunday.

Entry fee will be $100 PER BOAT and ALL anglers, charter and recreational, are welcome and encouraged to participate. Ten percent of the entry money will go directly into the pen rearing program in John's name. John was always there to put the pens together each spring and helped feed the fish every day. This is just our way of thanking John for all he did for the fishery that we are enjoying today. The other 90% will be divided in a 50-30-20 split among the top three finishers. The rules and format used will be the same as for our One Day Tournaments---weigh ONLY 3 fish at 10 points per fish and one point per pound.

To cap off the day there will be a barbecue at the Red Breeze Campground. Tickets are $10 but any donations will be appreciated. Bring a dish to pass and your favorite beverage and come and enjoy the comraderie and festivities and drink a toast or two to Johnny V.

It will be a terrific way to end what has been a banner season for the Oak Orchard anglers.

The weigh in site will be Lake Breeze Marina and fish must be weighed in between 2 and 3:30 PM.

You can enter the John Visich Memorial Tournament by giving your entry to me (Paul Czarnecki---Free Spirit) or Bob Stevens (Sunrise II) or by leaving it at Lake Breeze Marina---make sure it is "ATTN: Bob or Paul."

Don't miss this opportunity to take part in the best tournament on the Lake. Capt. John Visich and his boat RELEASE were staples of the Oak Orchard fishery for many years. Enter this tournament and help us keep John's memory alive and do something good for the pen rearing program as well.

If you have any questions or would like to do something to help feel free to give me a call on my cell 716-390-0085.

See you out there!

Paul

Free Spirit

Capt. Paul:

I only had the pleasure of meeting Capt. John a couple of times...

But I appreciate the efforts on the pen program, and the desire

to keep his memory.

I usually ask Reel Bob...but I assume you would take a donation to

the pen project on behalf of Capt. John?

Gotta run on Erie, but it sounds like it would be great to be there.

John