LOU Everywhere...

carpedium

I just figured out I can post and read posts on my blackberry... Everything but participate in the shoutbox convos. It is raining and overall a dreary day. I am sitting in a tree stand in south goat country NY and able to see you guys bust ray's balls. Heaven help us...

Yeah yeah, ill save it for that too... But for now my internet and myself are quite concealed and waiting for a deer. Maybe its me, but if the weather were nicer I would be able to enjoy the nature around me a little easier.

I hit one this morning, was about 60 yards away in a lane through some light brush- was nice and calm put the sights on his vitals and squeezed the trigger... And pulled the trigger... And YANKED the trigger only to find that the bolt was only 99.9% forward. So I shoved it the rest of the way and right as I fired the thing jumped.

The deer hit the ground spun around and ran into a tree. It then got up and ran away. Walked over to the spot where we was and there was hair everywhere, on the trees ground etc. For a 6 ft radius. No blood. Found a 3" chunk of skin and hair about 3ft away. Guy said he saw the deer run past him and looked fine. Nice 8 pt.

I hate wounding any animal- worst feeling in the world. It was a clean shot but the thing got startled at the last moment.

I think the guy on the neighboring prperty got him cause there was a shot right after he ran over ther

e.

Matt out in we stalk our prey. Some times for miles. Whats this tree stand stuff. ? May be there is so many hunters, it's the only way from being shoot. :lol:

If you want a real big buck start making a noise like a carrot, it works evertime :D