Seagate 60

I did manage to get 400 copper on a Seagate 60 but barely.   I have 200 yards of 40# powerpro and 400 feet of 45# bloodrun copper. I started with 300 yards of powerpro but that wouldn't fly so I undid it and took 100 off.   Originally I had the copper connected to mono with a small spro swivel doing the copper twist and covering with a light coat of epoxy.  However it was so tight that this connection would occasionally hit the level wind so I didn't trust it and went to an Albright knot.  That cleared barely and then later it all settled in a little bit better once used a bit.  I caught a number of kings on it and was happy with the setup.  I considered buying a Tekota but I really wanted to higher retrieve rate.  I think the squeeze was worth it. 

Edited by Fat Trout

I have all of my long coppers on Seagate 60’s, 350-500’. I went to 30lb suffix braid backing on 450-500’. No problems at all, best way I found was to have a second reel, put your copper on, then the backing until spool is full. Then reel it on to the other reel, count your passes for backing and copper, and wrote it down. The drag system and retrieve is unbeatable, especially for the price!!!

Capt Rich

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app