Pearl Backs

I have a pearl front with a black back Yeck that has its times. Just about any spoon will catch a fish or two. Its the ones that catch more that you want to continually put in the strike zone. All the rest are for days when the fish have lock jaw. Well, at least on my boat. What am I talkin about! After a day of fishing I have prolly went through 25-30 spoon colors and 10-15 flasher/fly set-ups!

I like to use the white or copper back spoons when the sun is very bright. If you think of it the silver back spoons put out a big flash when the sun is high, and look many times larger than they are in the water. Switching to a spoon with less flash may make them look smaller in the water and similar in size to the bait fish that they are supposed to imitate.

I have several black fronts with scallop tape and the backs are pearl, they are Northern Kings- they have been ineffective, would placing ladder back tape on the back give them a better chance to catch fish... any colors??

I'm not a pro but....

I think it's a good color to have in your box. As Yankee Stated above, it's not a "go-to" pattern on my boat, but it's one that I'll run on a slow day, and may put fish in the boat. If you've got a handfull of them try some tape or paint on some of them they may produce some fish for you.