My buddy Andy and I got out tonight for a short shakedown trip. The boat ran great and we managed to get some fish slime on the deck, so the 2009 season is officially under way for us! It felt great to be back on the water again. It blew hard all day and the lake was still fairly riled up when we got out there tonight at about 5:30. There was a real dark mud line out to about 15FOW. There was very little difference in the temps between the dark water and the blue water and from the sounds of it on the radio the fish were pretty scattered. Once the lake settles down a bit the fishing should be fantastic along the shore line for browns. Can't wait!!

This guy took a new DW Super Slim Die Hard:

Fishing2009051.jpg

Chris,

We just started running the Super Slims last year so I don't have a full array of them to choose from, but of the colors that we have on board I'd have to say that the Area 51, Holo NBK, Green Eye Glow Ghost, Glow Frog, and Die Hard have been some of our favorites. No, they don't come with the red hooks; that's something that we add, but I will say that when I opened the latest shipment we received the other day I was very impressed with how sharp the hooks were. I set them aside and plan to use them as spares.

Thank you Captain. Is it any better fishing out of Fair haven than out of Oswego. Last year they were dredging in the Oswego harbor and it hurt the fishing along the break walls. I am not sure everyone thought this, but for me it hurt our catches.

When the weather & conditions have been right, they've been doing very well out of both ports so far this spring. If you're looking for browns in the next month or so they'd both be a good bet. Best thing to do would be to keep an eye on the reports here and make your decision based on the most recent information available.