Ive heard off boats running a copper wire rod, so looked into one and of course made a purchase, hoe do most run the rig, I have two wire dipseys that I normally run, looking to ad this rod to the spread, if you run it off a baord or yellow bird type device, what do you use for a release?

Any info appreciated.

Thanks

I let out all the copper and then wrap a rubber band around the backer. The rubber band is then put into a Scotty rigger release and put out on the board. I pull my behind a set of otter boats as a think the copper pulls the inline boards to far behind the boat and was scared to tangle with my dipsys.

I put a short 6' section of 50 lb. mono between the copper and backing on all of my copper rigs. This helps hold the line in the release on rough days. I too run the Scotty releases but I don't need rubber bands with the mono between the copper and the backing. I run the bigger Scotty plainer releases for copper with flasher / fly combos and coppers over 200' with spoons. The shorter coppers with spoons do well in the smaller Scotty releases. I also run the Big Jon Otter boats. Inlines are a pain with copper because they do not run true.

DC,

If you only have one copper -- run it right down the chute. You can attach it to a large float and send it back 100' if you want it out of the way of netting ect.. You can also run them off of outriggers.

CC