Jump to content

GAMBLER

Professional
  • Posts

    9,908
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by GAMBLER

  1. I think it pulls the lure closer to the ball then lets it flutter back. I saw it on a West coast inland Salmon fishing show years ago.
  2. How far west did you look? Sandy Creek in Hamlin is cheap compared to the Oak and The Genesee River.
  3. I purchased a Wicked Ridge Invader G3 last season and love it.
  4. More bigger fish come out of the East end because there are way more salmon at that end of the lake during the fall derby. The Salmon river gets a good stocking and tons of natural reproduction. Just like the Niagara in the spring, there is a larger concentration of salmon.
  5. It is a gimmick!
  6. Browns are there. Steelhead, who knows. It would be nice to have the laker division back so we have something to place with in the Fall derby.....
  7. In June and July, I found days that the kings would not hit a flasher fly combo or hit anything if one was in the riggers. This was not every trip but a good number of them. I also took more fish deep in cold water or high in warm water than I did in temp. I saw a LOT of guys out of Sandy that would run to the same spots over and over again and complain about the fishing being slow. Some days you have to burn gas to find fish.
  8. I find it works great all the time. It is easier than meat and produces about the same.
  9. I was out Sunday and did well on matures a coho and an atlantic. We were inside of 85' East of port. 55' - 85' scraping bottom with flashers and flies.
  10. Fishing from May to the first week of August was way better than the past two season for me. I fished way less lake trout than normal. With the kings around all summer, we left them alone for the most part. Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United
  11. My customers have been catching kings on Gambler Rigs in Lake Michigan. We took a couple this year on them too. I run them behind a trash can dodger, spin doctors or plain. Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United
  12. Ranger Nets are good and not too pricey. They run from 60 -80 bucks.
  13. Here is a sneak peak at the Gambler Rigs peanut rigs. They will be available this winter! As of right now, I will be selling six colors. Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United
  14. If you need help Keith, I have done a lot of boards over the years. It is simple.
  15. I wouldn't want twin outboards due to the cost of replacing down the road. A new drive and engine for an I/O is way cheaper.
  16. Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United Here you go Chad. Someone posted pictures on Facebook this spring of lakers with stocked Browns in their stomachs after the stocking truck had dumped fish the day before.
  17. He purchased some of my rigs Chad. Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United
  18. From hours on top of hours of fishing lakers, I can tell you when the thermalcline is unstable, lake trout slide but also move offshore and suspend down deep. After extreme upwellings (like the one we had last week) lakers disappear until stable weather returns. Last year after early July, the lakers were not in their usual haunts. They were pushed offshore by unstable thermalclines. If nets were out during this time, they results would be inaccurate. I am encouraged by the stuff I am hearing about the meeting the other night but I'm still optimistic because of the numbers of lakers I see on a daily basis makes me a little nervous about the future of the Alewife population. Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United
  19. My only issue with that graph is it is only one year of decline. Last year, unstable weather pushed fish all over the place (just like the salmon). After early July, lakers were not in there normal areas. If we see a decline for two years in a row, then I will be a believer that the laker population is in decline. Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United
  20. Not at all.
  21. I am thinking of selling peanuts rigged with a skirt like the Gambler Rigs. I used to run them on Lake Ontario before I went to spin n glos. I can get them through Yakima. My old favorite was the blue luminous. They discontinued that one.
  22. Does anyone on the Fingerlakes use peanuts for lake trout anymore? If so, what are your favorite colors?
  23. Clean cleaning the air cleaner around the carb, or the air seperator
×
×
  • Create New...