-
Posts
9,908 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Events
Gallery
Store
Everything posted by GAMBLER
-
-
I took my wife and kid for a boat ride and has 5' close to the West pier. Coming in more towards the middle I had 4'.
-
That's is not what we want. That gives sportsmen a bad name. If people see dead lakers floating all over and washing up on the beach, that looks bad. Sportsmen already get a bad name from slobs that litter on the banks of tribs, ponds and lakes. Also the US Fish and Wildlife Service and the DEC would not think too highly of this. It is bad enough guys are not handling them properly and there are floaters all over somedays. Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United
-
Real early lake trout
GAMBLER replied to Albert16's topic in Questions About Trout & Salmon Trolling?
Drifting the Niagara Bar at that time of the year is your best bet. -
after 30+yrs we are gone
GAMBLER replied to wolfman2543's topic in New York Fishing Reports - Lake Ontario (South Shore)
2012 - the best season I fished on Lake Ontario in 32 years of doing it 2013 - good year 2014 - slow year 2015 - slow year 2016 - Decent / good year I'm having trouble finding five bad years here. -
I feel all stocked kings should continue to be clipped to keep track of natural reproduction. The study was done for too short of a duration IMO. Was it done over a banner stretch of natural reproduction and it has changed? Have the natural reproduction numbers dropped? We have the trailer, why not use it to have more data to help manage the fishery?
-
A couple guys on Lake Michigan rented the wand they use to see if a CWD tag is in a king. They found some very information. The number of unclipped fish WITH a CWD tag was higher than we were lead to believe. Check out No SALMON SOCIETY on Facebook. It is a closed group. Some interesting reads on the page.
-
Seagate 60 backing
GAMBLER replied to K Gonefishin's topic in Questions About Trout & Salmon Trolling?
I got 300yds 50lb power pro on both my 350 and 400. It was tight but it fit. -
-
Temp is going to be way down, currents are going to be ripping and I would think the lake will still be rough. It looks like the winds are going to die Sunday night. I would not make the drive unless the forecast was going to be perfect.
-
-
-
Unlikely catch and unbelievable story.
GAMBLER replied to alex1young's topic in Finger Lakes Discussion







