Jump to content

GAMBLER

Professional
  • Posts

    9,908
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by GAMBLER

  1. Dave Chilson invested in a crystal ball Tim.
  2. A-TOM-MIK is the best bet. Best quality fly on the market. I have tried other brands and went to running A-tom-miks exclusively. www.atommiktrollingflies.com
  3. Wait for the NK sale. They usually have a second one in August/September. Great prices on NK spoons.
  4. There is an inline fuel filter right at the carb.
  5. Mike, I run 6' of 50lb. mono between the copper and the backing. Holds great even in rough water.
  6. Get to know FISHINMAN a little better and you will figure out getting soaked was the right decision
  7. You can only have one on the board at a time. If you have 2, the one in the lower place will be dropped off no matter what division. As for 2 first place fish, you might want to ask Dave Chilson on this one.
  8. Happy Birthday Chromeslayer. I would wish you loads of Kings but where you fish, they are loaded up good. Enjoy the day.
  9. A diver rod will work just fine.
  10. I have to side with Dave on this one. He has to do what is in the best interest of his derby. If you support the local economy use A-tom-mik flies, you would not have this problem
  11. They flat out produce BIG fish. Flashers draw them in and they can't resist the fly behind it. I strictly run A-tom-miks on my boat. Tried other brands and they are not the quality as A-tom-miks.
  12. Nice job guys. You could drop the ladies off at my house with the wine and they could sit on the pool deck with my wife and complain about us together. See you guys out there this weekend.
  13. Thanks guys. I still can't get over the number of coho and the size. They are all football coho like Ray was saying. I did get one 4" lamprey in the boat. Did not see it until I stepped on it. Gene, Nice job with the kids. They will never forget the day.
  14. Nice job on the big Steelie Rick. I hope it holds for you.
  15. Nice job with the family Scott.
  16. I run the 30lb. Flea Flicker with no problems. I spliced in 200' per reel. You need to use quality swivels or it will twist like crazy.
  17. How many kings over 30 were weighed in over the 3 days? What was the biggest?
  18. Nice steelie Mark. Not a bad variety also. 1 short of the Lake Ontario cycle.
  19. Did something change? Went to weigh a king Saturday and he was closed. I know he was closed on Monday mornings but a Saturday?????
  20. 10th place king as of 6/28. Fish hit a Green Dot Spin Doctor with a Green Crinkle A-tom-mik fly 275' on a 1 on the wire in 225 fow off of Sandy Creek. Weighed in at 25lbs 7 oz.
  21. I tried marinating salmon filets in Wegmans Parmesean Italian salad dressing tonight and it was awesome. I marinated them for 24 hours in a 1 gallon ziplock bag. I cooked them on the grill for 10 minutes a side. Came out perfect.
  22. Wire is way better than mono. Wire can be fished 100'+ down. Mono not even close. I run Diawa sg47lca reels on Diawa Heartland 9'6" Medium Heavy diver rods with 30lb Malin Stainless Steel wire. Run 30lb. Florocarbon leaders around 6'-8' long.
×
×
  • Create New...