Jump to content

GAMBLER

Professional
  • Posts

    9,908
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by GAMBLER

  1. Yes. They are deep to get away from the sunlight not in a specific temp.
  2. Most days, the longer the better. This will vary depending on the size of your boat also. I run 6-8' leaders.
  3. That huge blow we got a couple weekends ago mixed the entire lake. The lake was the same temp all over just after the blow. Another reason is the NE winds we have had on and off (seems like every other day lately).
  4. Run your rigs deeper. With the clear water, the kings will go deep as soon as the sun starts to show. Run boards on the surface for steelies. Lakers, look on the bottom in 70 - 180 fow. I have caught lakers on the bottom in 220 in May.
  5. I run the Gander Mountian Guides series 8' leadcore rods for my copper. They are $50.00 each and have a 2 year warranty. They are the perfect stiffness for copper.
  6. PM Jax. I believe he had some work done on his trailer at Brads.
  7. I heard she was not and the anchor line was tied around her ankle.
  8. Let him reel it in? I heard he pushed her to the floor to get to the rod first.
  9. I run 2 22" bags on my 22'er. I do have a set of 28" bags that let me get down to laker speed on windy days.
  10. If it is the only launch in Wilson, Why doesn't the town take over the launch. Didn't that happen in Oak Orchard?
  11. Nope. Never caught 2-22lb lakers in one day. Have caught 2 15lb browns in one day.
  12. Keith, Congrats to you and the crew of Nothin' but net. See you around the marina soon.
  13. Another Vote for trolling bags. Make sure they have 2 lines on them (one tied further forward on the boat and another to keep it from going under the boat (and getting in the props if it is an inboard).
  14. Every order I have put in through Tom has showed up in a very timely manor. His customer service is the best I have ever come across. I find myself buying more stuff from him when I need something. On top of carrying quality products, he is a NY company (unlike other fly manufacturers), he does a lot for the fishery and fishing derbies on Lake Ontario.
  15. Dave, I'm fine with the minimums (on the original post). Like I said before, I don't think it is fair that a 15lb. 1 oz brown can beat out a 22 lb. 14oz laker. The # of huge lakers are drawn to the bar every year in the spring because of the bait. Look at the past summer LOC stats and you will see that the bottom of the lake trout division was a lot lower than 18 and change. Once the lakers dispurse off the bar, the big ones are not as easy to find.
  16. What I'm saying is the minimum for lake trout should be smaller (17 - 18lbs). Also, if the minimuns are higher for lakers, then a 19lb. laker should beat out a 16lb. brown. With the minimums being higher for lakers, you are already leveling the playing field.
  17. Dave, I have highlighted in bold print the things that are keeping me from entering this derby. The number of 20lb. lakers that will be caught once they leave the bar will drop significantly. If a laker beats out a brown, it should win. If the minimums are higher for lakers, why should a smaller brown win? Unless this changes, I will be keeping my $300.00.
  18. John, The marina is a about the level of late Sept. from what I have heard. The channel at the lake is 5-6'.
  19. What the heck is going on in that area. Thug attack on the Salmon River and Now this? Not good.
  20. Steve, Nothing big, I see Nerkhe's name on the leader board with a 21.11. I think they are telling you nothing big to keep you home!
  21. Congrats Jeremy! Here is the picture of the fish he sent me this morning. Hope it holds up for you.
  22. How did I know this was coming.
  23. Thanks Dave. Is there a sign up deadline? Morning before you fish like the LOC?
×
×
  • Create New...