Jump to content

GAMBLER

Professional
  • Posts

    9,908
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by GAMBLER

  1. If it does it is not worth worrying about. My beef is replacing the cable (another expense), and the diameter is different and changes the accuracy of the rigger counter. Not a big deal but enough to keep me from buying the unit.
  2. Happy Birthday Rich.
  3. Ever think of trying Star board? It is really expensive but will never rot.
  4. Hey stop hitting on Lews son Tom. Lew, tell your son, very nice pike.
  5. Nice drawing Vic. Any more to share?
  6. Sauce, If you want to drive further, Rochester has the Charlotte pier, Summerville Pier, Webster Park pier, Hamlin Beach state park Piers, and the jetties at Braddocks Bay.
  7. Why wait until April 1st? There are a lot of streams that you can trout fish right now.
  8. 3 year old climber. NOt sure of the brand. In great shape. Only used a couple times. Asking $50.00 and local pick up only. I will post pics later.
  9. You will have to bring the little guy next yer Rob.
  10. Fished Conesus with Legacy, Scottb, dad, my brother, niece, nephew, Matt, Marc, Toni, and Jason. Ended the day with Legacy winning the Bluegill division, my buddy Jason taking 2nd, Scottb taking third and Matt taking 4th. My brother took 3rd in the pike division and I took 4th. We had a slow morning but iced 3 pike in a half hour window. I took 2 of the pike 30" and 34", my brother iced a 35". The suprise of the day was the winner of the perch division. The guy weighed in 5 perch for a grand total of 7.33lbs. 2 were 15" and weight 1.65 and 1.64lbs. Nice day on the ice and good food at the weigh in. I would like to congradulate Rob on his 1st place win and a very nice $350.00 cash prize. (Scottb told me you offered to buy the bait next time).
  11. Canada and the states boardering the lakes were pushing for the locks to be closed. Do you think Canada would shut down the Welland canal if the carp were close to Ontario? I would hope so, but I doubt it.
  12. The gill action has been pretty consistant all winter. The pike action has been a roller coaster but I have heard of 3 40+" pike and one 41" tiger musky. The perch and crappie action has been slow (as usual) but when someone finds one, it is a monster.
  13. Zebra muscles were transported by boats (by live wells, bilges, trailers and water left in motors). When they are in the Larva stage, they can easily be transported by boats. The carp will not be able to be spread the same way. The only lakes they will get into are the ones connected to the Erie Canal (Seneca, Oneida, Cayuga and a couple others) Lake Ontario and Lake Erie.
  14. Please explain to me how they would get into Conesus or Honeoye where I fish? The pike I fish in Conesus are not stocked. Yes some lakes will get invaded (through the Erie Canal). The DEC will not fold if they lose the fishery on Lake Ontario. There are plenty of other fisheries that will support the DEC. The license sales for fishing the rest of the state (Adirondacks, Catskills, Fingerlakes) can support the DEC. The money they would save in stocking and research from Lake Ontario would be offset. The DEC has been talking Gloom and Doom about Lake Ontario has been going on for years. Look at the fishery, it is still going strong. If it starts to kill Lake Michigan, then it is panic mode.
  15. Tim, When you purchased your FishHawk, what other brands were out there? I will be one of the first to admit, it WAS a pain in the but. It has now evolved into a great product. You have to give it to the company. They made the new probe compatible with the old unit. Most companies would have discontinued the old and made an entirely new product. Every one would have to purchase a brand new one. Watch and see, Depth Raider , and Moor will be coming out with a wireless unit in the future. When they do, lets see if they make it compatible with the current models.
  16. I'll second that. No coated cable to deal with.
  17. Anyone else? Gonna be a great time.
  18. The Oak Orchard tackle shop (Narby's and Captains Cove) are top notch. If they don't have it, they will order it for you. I would rather support the local shops over the big box stores anyways. The money stays in the community.
  19. Finders Keepers, Blind Sodus has been really slow according to the reports. The channel was closed off early this fall. Not many perch in tha bay this year. A few pike have been caught here and there.
  20. I'm not talking about walleye and pike fishing Lake Ontario. I understand the damage that they can cause.
  21. Nice pics Ray. Are you sure that is not the buck you shot on your deer hunting trip from this past fall?
  22. You can tell that is not NY. I do not see 20 snaggers standing in the middle of the creek with Walmart special snagging rods. Very nice pics. I would love to catch a pink some day. IS that BC or Alaska?
  23. You guys need to take up icefishing. It makes winter go by a lot faster.
  24. If they reach Lake St. Clair, I'm selling the salmon gear and getting back into pike and walleye fishing.
  25. GAMBLER

    Conesus 2-8 10

    John, Is it going on the wall? Pike like that are what draws me to that lake.
×
×
  • Create New...