Jump to content

GAMBLER

Professional
  • Posts

    9,908
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by GAMBLER

  1. 2022 NYSDEC Lake Ontario Unit Annual Report Suprisingly 3 years olds were the biggest returners to the hatchery . 4 year olds were 1%.
  2. TTT
  3. SOLD
  4. Doubtful. Fewer and fewer 4 year olds. I will see if I can find the slide from the state of the lake meeting showing the shift in age that made the hatchery.
  5. Laker rods were converted to Saltists a long time ago! 🤣
  6. I’m selling a slightly used Daiwa Seagate LW50H. This reel was used for a 250 copper. Great reel for a 200 -250 copper or a 10 color leadcore. $80.00 local pick up in Hilton NY or shipped to the lower 48 for $85.00.
  7. I am selling a slightly used Penn 320 GT2. The reel was used as a 5 color leadcore reel and never saw a lot of use. $40.00 pick up in Hilton NY or shipped to the lower 48 for $50.00.
  8. I have had 2 lamprey on 73 salmon so far this spring off Sandy Creek in Monroe County. Nothing like a couple years ago!
  9. The current bait biomass is way up compared to 2014-2019. King size is down compared to that same time period. The low teen kings you are catching are more than likely 2 year olds.
  10. There were some good kings caught before the derby. I saw a 26 and a 25 on Facebook. The Saint Catherines Fish and Game club derby has a 25 and change leading. We boated a 20.8 yesterday out of Sandy. The Baitfish biomass being low excuse being the reason for the smaller kings is complete BS. Seeing that the bait biomass is up, king size should be up and that is not the case at all. I would love to see the chart from the hatchery showing the percentage of age of each year class that made it to the hatchery last fall. I would be willing to bet, a ton of two year olds spawned last year.
  11. The last two days, we have had ice water inside. Saturday, 180-225, Yesterday 225-250, today 275-325.
  12. Good king out of Sandy this morning. Another insane king bite offshore!
  13. Did you get a length? Tough to tell by the pic. Looks 18-20lbs to me.
  14. We put a laker in the board today but we were not targeting them! 95’ down over 210’. Insane king bite. We had a coho commit suicide too! I threw it over the port funnel and it swam under the boat right into the prop on the kicker cutting it in half….
  15. Dead birds don’t reoffend. We need to push for a season like Canada has!
  16. WTF is wrong with people...... Hang him in the town square and let the fishermen beat him with a baseball bat!
  17. Hydraulic is the way to go. The steering is like butter compared to cable steer systems.
  18. Add hydraulic steering and a Raymarie EVO 150. I did this in my Penn Yan 245 Contender and love it. The autopilot works with both motors.
  19. Good awesome! Great job guys! DEC is stocking browns by my work soon. A couple years ago, the cormorants were there for days crushing our stockings.
  20. That’s great but dead birds wouldn’t come back!
  21. I really wish the DEC would put more pressure on the feds to regulate their population. The Canadian side has opened a season.
  22. Used but in good condition. $100.00 plus $12.00 shipping to the lower 48 or local pickup in Hilton.
  23. Great job guys! I haven’t seen the numbers of cormorants around this year compared to years past.
  24. Cooler has been claimed!
×
×
  • Create New...