Jump to content

GAMBLER

Professional
  • Posts

    9,908
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by GAMBLER

  1. TTT
  2. Two used but in great shape Big Jon Plainer reels up for sale. $150.00 plus $14.00 shipping to the lower 48. They can also be picked up at the Niagara Outdoor Expo at my booth or in Hilton NY.
  3. 22" should work.
  4. Bidenomics makes it tough nowadays Mike. Any higher and I'm out!
  5. $2.56 and a stick of bubble gum.
  6. You can do it with dodgers, flashers and traps at king speeds and it will put a couple lakers in the boat. It's not as effective as 1.0-1.8 at the ball with cowbells and rigs. I do run high rods for kings, steelhead and browns at times while laker fishing. I use Stingers and bend them so they work at slow speeds. The only issue with catching Kings while laker fishing that slow is the kings 90% of the time charge the boat and end up passing the boat.
  7. Not at all. Its better than the system cable system that was in there before put in hydraulic steering. I sent you a PM.
  8. Just heard back from my mechanic that installed mine. He used the 1.7 HH5271-3 Dometic
  9. Find older used ones. The old ones were better quality.
  10. Yes. Bravo II drive and a 9.9 Honda kicker tied in with an EZ steer bar.
  11. Jointed Rapalas and Rattling Rogues are good ones that are still made.
  12. EV-150 Power Pilot | Autopilot Packs | Autopilots | Raymarine This is what I bought. You will also need the Sea Star Hydraulic steering kit.
  13. I will have to go to the boat and see which one I have.
  14. I'll take the echips. Do you take paypal?
  15. They may want to check again. It's getting worse every year. It is worse since those photos.
  16. Mine was bypassed. The steering is like butter and the kicker runs flawlessly with the autopilot on! My mechanic called and they told him the exact parts he would need. They didn't have a kit yet for the EVO 150's. They might now but I have no clue.
  17. If you go over the pipe with a good fish finder, you can see the pipe clear as day.
  18. It would cost millions of dollars to put a pipe out to 150'. Our intake is in 53' and its 1.5 miles out off Rochester. 150' of water would be double that distance easy.
  19. I got mine through Yankee Troller at Krenzer Marine. PM him. He knows which one to get.
  20. 50 years ago we didn't have zebra and quagga mussels that made the water super clear.........
  21. I put in hydraulic steering and the EVO 150 on my 245 Penn Yan Contender. It wasn't cheap but I can use the autopilot with the big motor or the kicker and it works flawlessly.
  22. Dropping an anchor will spook them way easier than spot lock. Now, if you spot lock right on top of them, you are shooting yourself in the foot. I'd be willing to bet they are doing something different like using lighter floro or a different bait. It can make all the difference in the world in the crystal clear lakes like Seneca.
  23. Run off only affects us if we get the Genny plume or a South wind that blows dirty water off the shoreline out over our intake. Both our plants on Lake Ontario are very advanced and have zero issues treating what is thrown at us. Salmon Creek in Hilton was way over it's banks late last week! Bring on the water! I hope to see high (not flooding) for this season.
  24. Probably when these donuts came out! I always pictured him as a Swifty! 🤣
  25. Yes. It is coming in between the point and the end of the wall. The point now extends way deeper into the bay than it did before the wall was constructed. It must be when the water is high and the winds crank out of the NE it pushes sand into the bay.
×
×
  • Create New...