Jump to content

GAMBLER

Professional
  • Posts

    9,908
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by GAMBLER

  1. Get ready for flooding next spring. A winter prediction of good winter + high lake going into winter = lots of water!
  2. Big ones like cold temps in May, June, July and the beginning of August. Once they start staging, things change. As for the rest of the advice, I can agree with most of it.
  3. Sold pending payment
  4. Everything in this lot is brand new in the package. NK mag spoons, 11” paddle, coho flies, GRC flies and a cutbait rig. $75.00 shipped to the lower 48.
  5. I run all wire. Fleas suck no matter which one you choose.
  6. Mother Nature shook the snow globe really hard the past two days. Its going to take a couple days to settle this mess out!
  7. I run 2 9'6" rods on the high divers and 8'6" diver rids on the low divers.
  8. GAMBLER

    LOC

    Not suprising! 2012 we had a big blow on day one and no one weighed a king in until late Day 2.
  9. I can't believe guys are trying to beat you up on this price! They are $1,000+ new!
  10. 70-85’ was good first light this morning and the last hour last night. 40-60’ down.
  11. I have hundreds of spoons/flies/flashers and only use a handful of colors. Stick with what works!
  12. I’m prepping spin n glos for the new for 2024 UV Snot Rocket Gambler Rig!
  13. It depends. Are you not marking much? If I have a good screen and stuff isn't firing, I change. If I’m in search mode and haven’t marked much, I stick with my usuals.
  14. I’m applying for a grant to put solar panels on the Escape II!
  15. I was thinking the same thing. I ran the boat to Bald Eagle at 30mph on autopilot and never touched the wheel. It was perfect.
  16. Last Fall, I was invited to fish the Bald Eagle Veterans tournament by Paul Nau of Lake Runner Charters. Paul puts on this great event every year for men and women that served our country. Seeing that my father and grandfather were Vets, I couldn’t wait to do this tournament for these guys and gals! Keith and I ran to boat over Saturday morning for Sunday. After seeing the forecast, we had a plan to run West and ride the waves back to sandy and bring the guys back to Bald Eagle by truck so we didn’t beat them up too bad. We were met with a bumpy lake but fishable. I made the slow ride to the Glass House and set down in 130’. We were met with a blank screen. I set up trolling Into the waves and put out a simple 6 rod spread (2 riggers, 2 divers and 2 coppers). We spun the boat around after getting fully set and rode the waves to the East. We had a slow pick of kings and had a very bad landing ratio. At 9am, we had a big rip on the copper that we fought for 20 minutes and never got copper on the reel! That fish came unbottuned right as the 95’ rigger took a ride! After a crazy battle, we boated a 24.02lb king. That fish took a NBK stingray. At 11am, we were just West of Sandy and the guys were eager to head to the scales. We made a quick stop at Rt 18 tackle to weigh the fish in for the Tri Counties tournament and then headed to Bald Eagle. At weigh in, Dannies king took first place! A huge thanks to Paul Nau for putting this event together for these guys and gals and the Hamlin Lions Club for donating snacks drink and lunch for all of us! It’s awesome to see the fishing community come together for a cause like this! I can’t wait for next year!
      • 2
      • Like
  17. You will be dodging storms all morning.
  18. Last week off Sandy Creek, we had a laker hit a meat rig 95 down in 115' fow. When I went to net the fish, I noticed it had a tag in its back. When the fish hit the floor, I also noticed a healed incision on its stomach. I quickly removed the tag and got the laker back. I called the phone number on the tag and talked to Alex from the USGS. They are tagging lakers all over Lake Ontario to gather data on migration and spawning habits. If you catch one of these lakers, report the tag and release the fish if possible. There are internal tags inside the fish that will last 10 years and will give the USGS years of data. I added photos of the tag for reference.
  19. I read a study that showed kings will mature early when boat levels are low. I will try to dig up the study I read.
  20. The key to non fishy trout and salmon is 1) proper care after the catch (bleed them out and put them immediately on ice) and remove the dark meat between the meat and the skin.
  21. It doesn't happen enough anymore. Good work Kevin! I took my kid and his buddies out a couple times this summer. Some of them had never caught a fish before!
  22. The mayhem off Sandy this morning was fun to watch. Thank god I stayed inside of everyone. Why do guys North South through boats all playing nice trolling East West? There always has to be one....
  23. We weighed a 33 that year and couldn’t believe it didn’t make the board!
×
×
  • Create New...