Jump to content

GAMBLER

Professional
  • Posts

    9,908
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by GAMBLER

  1. Congrats again Matt! It’s always good to see good guys on top of the leaderboard!
  2. The amount of 2 year old kings is astonishing. Lakers are abnormally shallow for this time of the year off Sandy. Browns are scattered all over. We caught browns in 15' on boards, in 40' on the surface, 50 on bottom and 90' on the bottom. The bait showed up Monday all over the bottom in 110' or deeper. Lots of 2"-4" alewife in the kings I cut up. I already caught more coho than last year. We also caught an Atlantic that was a typical beat up fish (dorsal fin and pectoral fins messed up).
  3. There are hotels in Brockport - 10 minutes South of Sandy. The part that separates Sandy from the rest is the availability of species. When the king bite isn't there, we have one of the best stretches for browns and lakers on the South shore. From Sandy to Braddock Bay, there are multiple shoals that hold fish
  4. Since I bought the boat last spring I have done the following: New Bolsters New Vinyl and wood trim throughout the boat New wiring New seats Hydraulic Steering Autopilot New Hummingbird Helix 7 Through hull transducer New rod holders New riggers Tracks net holders New antenna Cuddy rod holders I have new window trim to install, I started running a new fuel line for the kicker yesterday and a couple more projects to get done. Next winter I will upgrade the other fish finder and add electric plainer reels.
  5. 5/8 Fished West of port in 100-130 and did a good number of kings, coho and lakers. Stinger stingrays in NBK, Froggy glow and Moonshine Carbon 14 were the top producing spoons. Riggers at 35, 50 and 75, 5,7,and 10 colors, and divers out 120,150,180 and 210 all took fish. All the kings were under 14 lbs. 5/10 Fished East of port in 90-110 and did about the same number of fish as the previous trip just a better size. Kings up to 17lbs and fewer coho. This day we took some fish on flasher and fly combos. Atommik Bam fly behind a Mt Dew flasher was the top combo. I put a custom flasher I taped and painted down with a Regular sized UV Kryptonite Gambler Rig and took multiple kings on this rig fished 5' off the bottom for lakers! All the same spoons produced from the previous trip. 5/12 Fished East of port again in 90-110 early and then 130 late in the day for lakers. We had a great first hour and then it turned into a steady pick. Same spoons, same flasher and Gambler Rig took kings, Coho, lakers and an Atlantic. For the lakers late day, Hammerhead Froggy cowbells with a Bullfrog and UV Kryptonite Gambler Rig took all our lakers. The bait is starting to show up along the bottom out deeper. A lot of the kings and coho we kept were loaded with 2" - 4" long alewife. Anyone that uses the free launch at Sandy, bring waterproof boots to launch your boat. The water is over the first part of the dock.
      • 8
      • Like
      • Thanks
  6. My vote is for Sandy Creek. We have placed a lot of Kings, Browns and Lakers over the years in the LOC from the little port of Sandy Creek. The entire month of July is great in this area. Here are some pictures of fish we have taken in July from Sandy.
  7. No but the boat it came out of does!
  8. Boat seat free to a good home. It’s in decent shape. Would be great in a little tin boat. Located in n Hilton NY.
  9. I used the heaviest command strip and hooks they make. It worked perfect when I used those pads.
  10. Any idea what it was caught on? I have some customers out there!
  11. Yup. I will post them from facebook. Clean fish!
  12. We have to keep him on his toes!
  13. Wait, you are taking pics of lakers now? I'm feeling faint! If you need some laker gear, I know a guy! Good job Bill! Glad to see you guys are out!
  14. You made a great decision!
  15. The line guide is plastic on the new Tekotas. It will not hold up to wire or braid over time. It will make a grove and cut into the line guide.
  16. Glad my boat will fit under the bridge at 249'
  17. If the water gets much higher, Sandy Creek boat launch will be closed. The water is right to the bottom of the docks already. They prepared for it in some area but not all….. Here is a pic of the outflows cutback more.
  18. Looks that way!
  19. No. I dumped a lot of money into upgrades on the boat this year and don’t have the cash to put into my trailer to get it distance travel ready. That will be taken care of this fall for next spring.
×
×
  • Create New...