Jump to content

GAMBLER

Professional
  • Posts

    9,908
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by GAMBLER

  1. They are the new ones from Canada.
  2. 11 brand new NK spoons unopened. $55.00 and $6.00 shipping to the lower 48.
  3. We were fishing the Sandy Creek Shootout today and the riggers slowed way down late morning. I pulled the Starboard rigger and there was nothing on the rod. I hit the rigger up and something wasn’t right. The rigger hit 25’ and an 11 inch green pro troll was tangled in our rigger cable. I look behind it and there is a meat rig with a 12lb king in tow! The meat rig had three different colored hand tied teasers and a white meat head. Here is a picture of the tangle and the paddle. The paddle had crushed glow tape on it but it was in horrible condition.
  4. TTT
  5. I will be up there the 4th - 7th!
  6. They stop abruptly but frays and kinks in the cable are on the user. I agree that snubbers should be included on these riggers but Hummingbird couldn't even give me a screen protector for the fish finder I purchased this spring. I had to buy it.
  7. Anyone looking to sign up for the Shootout today will have to contact Rob or Tim. I am unavailable due to my fathers services today. I will be available all day tomorrow. I will be in Hilton and Hamlin depending on the time of day.
  8. Sandy has been very consistent all season. Lots of kings around close to shore.
  9. $20.00. I will ship to the lower 48 at buyers expense or pick up in Hilton NY.
  10. 21 pitch Bravo II prop is great condition. $200.00 and local pick up in Hilton NY.
  11. In 12' of water? The GPS showed an electric line from the main land.
  12. Go with the Amish outfitter rigger snubbers. Before I had digitrolls, I used them for years. They worked great.
  13. When I went up a couple years ago, I fished Carlton island and did fish. The West end, North side and East end. The Southwest section is very shallow. The SE side of the island was awesome for perch too. Just be careful of the electrical line laying on the bottom. We caught it with our anchor. That was not fun.
  14. The digitrolls you can adjust the speeds. The STX models need snubbers. They stop very abruptly.
  15. I have no idea what you guys are doing to lose probes..... I have been running cannon downriggers for 20+ years and never lost a probe. I am anal about checking for kinks, and frays. If you have a kink or fray in the cable and you continue to run your probe on that rigger you can't blame Cannon or their equipment.
  16. It all depends. Most of the time, 120 is consistent East of the Creek. This year, I haven't laker fished since the Spring derby. I did see a significant amount of lakers East of the creek in 125-135 last trip. Shallow usually produces smaller lakers. I find bigger ones are deeper and in smaller pods with fish of the similar size.
  17. From what I heard, it was slow for everyone compared to what its been lately.
  18. TTT - Price Drop $300.00 for a $500.00 gift card!
  19. I have had luck fishing the edge of the shipping channel. Shallow early morning and late evening and deep mid day. I run Thunderstick deep divers and deep diving reef runners. Leadcore or drop weights will help reach the deeper fish.
  20. I posted a pic of the contact info for the guy on my post.
×
×
  • Create New...