-
Posts
9,908 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Events
Gallery
Store
Everything posted by GAMBLER
-
What's your opinion of the current state of our fishery?
GAMBLER replied to Yankee Troller's topic in Open Lake Discussion
-
What's your opinion of the current state of our fishery?
GAMBLER replied to Yankee Troller's topic in Open Lake Discussion
-
What's your opinion of the current state of our fishery?
GAMBLER replied to Yankee Troller's topic in Open Lake Discussion
-
What's your opinion of the current state of our fishery?
GAMBLER replied to Yankee Troller's topic in Open Lake Discussion
Like Billy said, the early 2000's king weights were heavy. That was after the big cut. Alewife numbers were lower than the 70's, 80's and 90's in the early 2000's. The current bait biomass is way up compared to 2016-2019 yet those fish were bigger. Remember those two missing year classes of alewife? It's not a bait problem. In the last five years, we have had good to record hatches in a row. -
What's your opinion of the current state of our fishery?
GAMBLER replied to Yankee Troller's topic in Open Lake Discussion
-
What's your opinion of the current state of our fishery?
GAMBLER replied to Yankee Troller's topic in Open Lake Discussion
The numbers of fish is awesome but I would like to see a happy medium. The opportunity to catch a 30+ lb king and numbers of kings. Lake Michigan cut stocking and saw an increase in king size. We cut stocking and the size didn't change. We were force fed that the king size was down due to the bait levels. The bait biomass is way up yet size hasn't increased. Didn't the DEC stock some sterile kings that were supposed to get to 50lbs years ago? If so, lets pen rear some those fish and get some pigs swimming in Lake Ontario again! -
-
-
for sale : usa 40”x16” fish cleaning boards Price reduced 5/4/26
GAMBLER posted a topic in Classifieds - Buy, Sell, Trade or Rent
-
I have not. I have heard from some captains that they are good but not as bullet proof as the originals.
-
I run the original Saltists. They are bullet proof, superior drags, 6.1:1 gear ratio and great drag adjustability. The line counter placement is a pain for some but it doesn't bother me at all. I have had them since they first came out and only replaced one drag clicker in years of use.
-
I really have trouble understanding why anyone would buy a reel that needs a drag upgrade new out of the box. I wouldn’t buy a new truck that needed a better transmission so it worked right. Buy quality reels to begin with and be done with it.
-
6/4- I don't always
GAMBLER replied to zach's topic in New York Fishing Reports - Lake Ontario (South Shore)
-
That was probably the post from Angling Addict. let me see if I can find his post.
-
Okuma Magdas are throw away reels. I would buy something else instead of putting money into a low end reel.
-
Bear creek 6/1
GAMBLER replied to dhhurlburt's topic in New York Fishing Reports - Lake Ontario (South Shore)
-
Bear creek 6/1
GAMBLER replied to dhhurlburt's topic in New York Fishing Reports - Lake Ontario (South Shore)
-
Bear creek 6/1
GAMBLER replied to dhhurlburt's topic in New York Fishing Reports - Lake Ontario (South Shore)
-
Congrats Mike! Keep up the good work!
-
Sold / Closed Daiwa Sealine SG27LC
GAMBLER replied to GAMBLER's topic in Classifieds - Buy, Sell, Trade or Rent
I sent you a pm -
Sold / Closed Daiwa Sealine SG27LC
GAMBLER replied to GAMBLER's topic in Classifieds - Buy, Sell, Trade or Rent
Pick up or shipped? -
I have an older Daiwa SG27LC line counter reel for sale. This reel is in great shape. $40.00 local pick up in Hilton NY or shipped to the lower 48 for $50.00.
-




