Jump to content

GAMBLER

Professional
  • Posts

    9,908
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by GAMBLER

  1. FISHINMAN, How about them Raiders!!! Losing to KC is embarrasing. :mrgreen:
  2. I still can't believe the guys that are voting no on the poll have not spoke up. As of right now it is 42 in favor and 6 against. Speek up you guys. All ideas or views should be discussed.
  3. If we are too greedy, the DEC will shoot it down fast. It will hard for us to get the 3 rod limit.
  4. GAMBLER

    hard top

    As for a name, I would reccommend Second Chance. Big Easy gave this boat a Second Chance.
  5. Biggest king of 08 on my boat Winning team for the August Oak Orchard Derby of the month 10 3/4" gill from Honeoye Conesus Avon Anglers ice tourney winning pike Great day on Honeoye
  6. Three is enough for me. 4 or more will never fly. The DEC would also worry about people limiting out more often and want to change the creel limits.
  7. I'm interested in hearing why some people said no. Lets hear the reasons.
  8. Never mind. I just found out an answer on the GLAngler webiste. Big Jon makes mounting plates for their rod holders that fit Traxstech and Bert's tracks.
  9. Does anyone make a track system with mounts that I can attach my Big Jon Dipsy rod holders on? I want tracks but I don't want to get rid of my Big Jon rod holders. I want it so they can be adjusted up and down the gunnel. If I can't find them, I guess I will have to have something custom made.
  10. Happy turkey day guys.
  11. I think the precedent set in Lake Michigan will help get this passed. With the price of gas (although it is falling and we may not be able to use that as an excuse), it makes fishing with fewer guys in the boat worth it.
  12. Leadcore will not get you nearly as deep as copper. Try wire dipsies or a thumper rig.
  13. That would work for me.
  14. Tom, I like most parts of your idea. The only part I don't like is the date restriction. I would say April 1st - September 15th so we can finish out the LOC with the max number of rods. It will reduce #'s of rods just in time for combat fishing the Genesee. I believe Lake Michigan does not have a date restriction on the 3 rod per person limit.
  15. I'm stuck working. Go catch some fish for me Stan. Good Luck.
  16. Here are some of my favorites: Spoons- Northern King Spoons -Spook -Wonderbread -42 second spoon -Froggy -NBK -Chicken Wing Stinger Stingrays -NBK -Chicken wing -Froggy glow Flashers / flies - Spin Doctors and A-Tom-Mik flies Live Wire Spin Doctor - Green Hammer Fly White Crush Spin Doctor - Hammer Fly Green Spin Doctor - Green Crinkle fly 42 second Spin Doctor - 42 second fly You can get Spin Doctor and A-Tom-Mik combos right off of the A-Tom-Mik site.
  17. I really like running my 2 copper, 4 dipsy, 3 rigger spread. Most times I can not get enough guys during the week to go so I can run my program. I don't want to get caught breaking the law so I abide by the laws. I really would love it if the DEC allowed us salmon guys to run 3 rods.
  18. GAMBLER

    hard top

    Nice work Big easy. Are you making a custom hard top?
  19. I was wondering how many people would be in favor of a 3 rod per person limit on Lake O. I know Lake Michigan has it.
  20. GAMBLER

    pike leaders

    Carpedium, I use 30 lb. Mason Tip up line. The 30 or 40 is what I have found heavy enough to not get bitten off by large toothy critters. I use a Sampo swivel between the tip up line and the leader.
  21. GAMBLER

    pike leaders

    I hear you on that one. I tried walking on Braddocks the other day after duck hunting. 1 1/2" with some open holes scattered all over. Not long as long as the weather cooperates.
  22. GAMBLER

    pike leaders

    I run 3' leaders. I have not tried shorter (unless I was fishing Braddocks).
  23. Spoonfed-1, Before ripping the impeller out, check the line that comes out of the engine back to the block. I had a spider make a nest in my old outboard and the smae thing happened. Cleaned it out and I was good to go.
  24. GAMBLER

    pike leaders

    Cheers, 30 or 40 lb. Seagar is great pike leader material. I have been using it the past couple seasons and getting more flags on pressured bodies of water.
  25. That's intersting. I don't know how many times last season on Sandy, I fished a pool that was just hammered for hours by 2 guys with pin rods and brown sacks and pick a bunch of fish out of the pool after they said they had not caught a fish in an hour. Lots of times the trout get keyed in on single eggs. When this happens, sacks are not going to catch as many fish.
×
×
  • Create New...