Jump to content

GAMBLER

Professional
  • Posts

    9,908
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by GAMBLER

  1. Woody, Start in 120 off of Hedges and work out as deep as 180. You will find them somewhere in that area. Peanuts and cowbells on the bottom. I like blue and silver cowbells if you are deeper than 130'. Mt. Dew colored cowbells with a glow peanut is killer shallower than 130'
  2. Try 50 -70 FOW in the top 30. It was good today!
  3. Tom, Looks like I'm done until the derby is over also. I have a problem with the boat. Hopefully it will be fixed soon.
  4. Rick, I knew you would become a lake trout fisherman!!!!:shock: Catching lakers is better than getting skunked and washing lures does not win money in the LOC.
  5. Jax, my neighbor, and I took the boat out on Sunday morning off of Sandy. Trolled from Sandy to Watoma and back and ended up 4 for 6 with 3 browns and 1 steelhead. Ended up calling it early due to a boat issue (still can't figure out what is causing the problem). The water was very very slightly stained and varied from 44 - 48 degrees. 3 fish came on sticks and one on a spoon.
  6. I will be out of Sandy Creek. Hopefully I can get out because I'm switching jobs.
  7. Dances the tides, Go to www.strikesensor.com. It is an audible device that trips a pager when the fish takes line. They are great for shore fishing and ice fishing. I purchased a set for my tip ups last season and loved them. I don't think they would be worth the money for downriggers.
  8. Just do what I do. Tell the guys that normally fish with you that if they want to fish, come and help. I give them a trip were they do not have to pitch in for gas and I also buy them lunch the day of the work. This year I had too many guys helping. I did not do any waxing. I just painted the bottom while they waxed. It was great.
  9. All I have to say is one name and anyone that ever fished at Russell knows him EDDY.
  10. Thats a puppy compared to the one on my wall!!!
  11. I have mixed feelings about this. I like fishing at Russell when other tribs are muddy. The problem is 90% of the people there are lifting or snagging.
  12. Nice pics. Gotta love those sky rats! Did he fight like a kite on a windy day?
  13. I have a set of Fiberglass outriggers that are just taking up space in my garage. I have only used them a couple of times. I'm asking $50.00 for the set. They do NOT come with the mounts. Local pick or I will meet you in the middle. Here is a picture of the outriggers.
  14. Good luck with the new boat and your charter business!
  15. Pat, I sent an e-mail to that address last week and did not hear anything back?
  16. My last boat (19' Princecraft) have the same floor Fishinman is talking about. The stuff is great. The only time it gets slippery is after a doulbe of slimers on the floor. The stuff will last way longer than carpet and will not hold odors.
  17. The LOC only gives youth prizes to the top youths in each division. It used to be the same as the adults (5 divisions w/ 20 places) but too many people were cheating. At the awards ceremony one year and they interviewed the one kid that won. When they asked him how he caught it, he said his dad caught it. :shock: The father looked like he wanted to hide under a rock.
  18. Nope. I looked it up in a book and it is a Blackburnian Warbler. This was the first time I ever saw one of these. This bird ended up coming in the side window and eating spider off of my dash. He stayed on the boat for half of the morning.
  19. 29 lb king and a 19lb. steelhead 15lb. brown 16lb. brown 18lb. steelhead nice coho another nice coho
  20. Here is an Atlantic I took back years ago. I promised the picture weeks ago and finally scanned it. Here it is:
  21. I want to buy a Penn 345GTI in good shape that is used. I don't really want to spend $160.00 on a new one. I will if I have to but trying to save some green.
  22. Here is a picture of a bird that landed on my boat 3 years ago. This little guy was lucky a monster king did not hit the lure on the end of the wire that he was perched on.
  23. I have the Otters and they are great. If they do dive, you need to adjust the string on the side. The only problem I have with them is trolling slow. They bow the plainer line big time and sometimes turn in.
  24. I hope your not talking about a hair piece :shock:
  25. If they are there, which I know they are, I will find them.
×
×
  • Create New...