-
Posts
9,908 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Events
Gallery
Store
Everything posted by GAMBLER
-
Gambler will be out of Sandy Creek. Hopefully I will get out as much as I plan on getting out. Good luck everyone. I hope a member from this board is $20,000 richer after the derby.
-
Took Jax, his buddy and my neighbor out off the creek. Fished between the Nose and Watoma. Found the kings good between 100 - 120 fow. Ended the day 10 for 16. The biggest was 26 lbs. One was lost that was bigger on my new copper set up (I wont mention any name). It was the first time I ever tried copper and it was only in the water 5 minutes before it took off. We ended up taking 2 fish on the copper. The fish were from 60 - 90 down. It was definatally a flasher fly bite. 12 of the 16 hits came on flashers and flies. NBK was the only spoon that tooks hits.
-
Happy Birthday Ray! They say bad things come in threes (motor, tranny, and turning 50) so it should be over!
-
my first time out of sandy
GAMBLER replied to dremarquis's topic in New York Fishing Reports - Lake Ontario (South Shore)
Thanks Fishtails. Ray, Let me guess, you are married or have been married a couple of times? -
my first time out of sandy
GAMBLER replied to dremarquis's topic in New York Fishing Reports - Lake Ontario (South Shore)
Pat, Thanks for the offer, that probally would have been a little cheeper! Ray, You crack me up. I tried to get her to go for something like that but she looked at me like I had 2 head on my shoulders. Fishinman, Thanks Tom. I think Jax is losing sleep worring about that banana. My wedding is at St. Theodores Church and the reception is at Deerfield Country Club. Thanks for the wedding present! The past couple of trips, you have left ALL the lakers, browns, cohos, steelhead, and kings for me to catch! :shock: I will need your address to send you a thank you card! -
Feedback on electric downriggers (What's your brand?)
GAMBLER replied to Rich D's topic in Tackle and Techniques
Just remember you pay for what you get. I'm a firm believer in that. That is why I have Cannons. Expensive but built to last. -
Try callingn the region 8 office. They will give you an answer right away. Good luck.
-
Sandy 8-1
GAMBLER replied to dremarquis's topic in New York Fishing Reports - Lake Ontario (South Shore)
Sponge, Hopefully you have better luck with Raymarine than I did. My autopilot has been back twice and both times they told me there is nothing wrong with it. -
my first time out of sandy
GAMBLER replied to dremarquis's topic in New York Fishing Reports - Lake Ontario (South Shore)
Thanks Ray. The misses actually told me at the beginning of this year that I need a new boat! I almost fell out of my chair. I already pushed the wedding back a couple of years so I don't think I will be fishing Saturday. P.S. Don't forget to ask Tom about storing bananas on his boat! -
my first time out of sandy
GAMBLER replied to dremarquis's topic in New York Fishing Reports - Lake Ontario (South Shore)
I have Friday morning off but I can not fish. I'm getting married Saturday and have my rehersal dinner on Friday. I have to do some last minute things for the big day. It was nice meeting you in person also. The brownie bite stopped once the push of warm water came in. You showed the kid how tough fishing can be on Lake Ontario. Hopefully, he will want to go with you again. -
my first time out of sandy
GAMBLER replied to dremarquis's topic in New York Fishing Reports - Lake Ontario (South Shore)
Tom, A couple more outings like that and you will will think twice about not fishing lakers. -
my first time out of sandy
GAMBLER replied to dremarquis's topic in New York Fishing Reports - Lake Ontario (South Shore)
We were inside fishing browns and all the sudden the bait and fish were gone and the temp. started rising. It was really interesting. The wind was about 5 mph out of the West. Hopefully it will bring the kings back from the boarder. -
Fish Hawk worth the money or are the other alternatives
GAMBLER replied to waterlogged's topic in Tackle and Techniques
Rechargeable batteries solve the battery problem in the Fish Hawk. Have 3 or 4 and bring the used one home to charge them at the end of the trip. -
In the Flea season, I run 30 Lb. Ande pink with 15 or 20 lb. leaders. For browns, I like the 15 lb. In the spring, I run 15lb. Maxima to 12 lb. Seagar leaders. Get enough reels so you don't have to switch up line throughout the season.
-
my first time out of sandy
GAMBLER replied to dremarquis's topic in New York Fishing Reports - Lake Ontario (South Shore)
That all changed today. The temp started out down 30 and by 9am it was down 62' the lake is changing like crazy. There was some fish and bait off the creek in 150. We also marked some fish in 70' down 55 - 60. Good luck. -
Sandy 7-27 am
GAMBLER replied to FISHINMAN's topic in New York Fishing Reports - Lake Ontario (South Shore)
Watch it Tom. He may slip some bananas in your boat if you keep talking like that. -
Sandy 7-27 am
GAMBLER replied to FISHINMAN's topic in New York Fishing Reports - Lake Ontario (South Shore)
I talked Jax into doing the brown thing tomorrow. I have a few tricks to show him! -
Hemlock or Honeoye walleyes
GAMBLER replied to walleyechaser's topic in Musky, Tiger Musky & Pike (ESOX)
There are some walleyes in Hemlock. When you get them they are slobs. I have a picture of a 14lb. 1 oz. walleye that was caught out of Hemlock. The picture was taken at the Taxidermist when I was there picking up my fish. I don't know who caught it but he is one lucky guy. The taxidermist said he caught it trolling for trout. What a nice bonus. -
Times Two, Next time you go up there, fish the back side of Ox island on the drop off with riggers. I troll through there very day I'm up there and murder the big eyes. The big open bay behind Ox island is great for rigger fishing also. The eyes are suspended on bait 25 - 30' down over 35 - 120 FOW. I have caught multiple 8 lbers. on the back side of that island.
-
Fish Hawk worth the money or are the other alternatives
GAMBLER replied to waterlogged's topic in Tackle and Techniques
If you do not mind dealing with coated cable, the others are good. I have the Fish Hawk and love it because I don't have to worry about replacing coated cables or being careful not to take the coating off. Once you loose coating, you will loose signal as you get deeper. The Fish Hawk does jump around a little but you make adjustments so it does not do that. My Fish Hawk interfers with my fish finder. I just deal with it. -
Sandy 7-27 am
GAMBLER replied to FISHINMAN's topic in New York Fishing Reports - Lake Ontario (South Shore)
That will be tomorrow. I will be on his boat in the AM. Get your cowbells ready! -
Try the French River Lodge. It is West of Nipissing on the French River. I have stayed there for years. They rent out 16' Lunds w/ 25 Mercs. If you do go up there at the time you are talking, hit Crombie Bay. many 58 - 60" muskies are taken in this area each fall. Last time I was up there, a guy braught in a 59" musky. The thing was huge. The northerns and walleyes are all over the place up there. September is the best time to find slob walleyes up there. Good luck.
-
I had one do that the other day. That does wonders for your leader and wire on you cowbells and peanut!
-
Sandy 7-27 am
GAMBLER replied to FISHINMAN's topic in New York Fishing Reports - Lake Ontario (South Shore)
I will convert you one of these days Tom!
