-
Posts
9,908 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Events
Gallery
Store
Everything posted by GAMBLER
-
I currently have 2 fish on the board from my boat. 1- 13lb. 13 oz. brown in 10th place and a 13lb. 6 oz. laker in 16th place. Hopefully I will get another this week end. Good luck to all of you guys. Jerry, Slip a king carcas under Pats canvas. He will not do that to you again!
-
Chinook, I think they cut off the summer tourney July 15th to give the weigh stations a break. These guys work really hard for us and the derby. I do like the 9 pm thing but I don't think it will fly. Some of the weigh stations are already open past their normal working hours.
-
It is very simple. If the boat name is off color, don't put it on there. Us rec. fisherman should not have to suffer due other peoples boat names.
-
Janz, I did that for the 2 fish on the board from my boat and the guy at the weigh station said that they will not post it anymore. I do see some other rec. boats on there but not all of them.
-
Tank, If you want good colors to start off with, go with the Hammer, Packer, and the mirage. The Attomik flies are more durable than any other brand. They also make more color patterns.
-
I was just wondering why the LOC will not put private boat names on the LOC Leader board? I understand that it is a little more work for the derby people, but us little guys (Rec fishermen) support this derby big time. I myself have had 8 people that fish with me register for the derby. I love fishing the LOC and this will not keep me from fishing it but I just don't think it is fair for us to support this derby and not get recognition on the leaderboard. If anyone agrees, feel free to comment.
-
REBEL Sandy Creek Sun Report
GAMBLER replied to RUNNIN REBEL's topic in New York Fishing Reports - Lake Ontario (South Shore)
Fished Sandy on Wednesday and rocked the kings with 2 lakers and 2 browns in the mix. For the first time ever, I had 7 of an eight rod spread go at once. We ended up boating 6 of the 7 with 3 kings all over 17 lbs. 2 lakers and 2 browns. I was running 4 riggers and 4 wire dipsys, and the only rod left in the water was the high wire. Spin Doctors and Echips with Attomik Flies were hot. The White glow spin doctor with Green spots w/ a mirage fly, Chartruese echip with the Packer fly, Glow frog NK mag, and Stinger NBK mag were the lure that took the fish. All fish came 50-85 down. We ended the day with the 8th place brown weighing 13 lbs. 13 oz. Get the Net, I moved out to Sandy this spring because the Newport house was going to be under new ownership. I'm really getting to like Sandy. I do miss the guys from I-bay but Sandy has been good to me so far this year. And For all of you Laker haters, Lakers = money in the LOC. I really enjoy spending the time when Kings have lock jaw catching lakers. I still run spoons on high riggers for kings. I enjoy getting the most out of my gas money. I also take people fishing that want to catch fish and don't care what they catch. Browns fight like Lakers but I don't see anyone complaining about them in April! Next time the fishing is tough and you come in with very few fish, just remember, the lakers are sitting there waiting to be caught. Your buddies might feel a little better about pitching in gas money next time they are offered a seat in the boat! Good luck to all and see you out there! -
Fishinman, Try Greg Blier. He is on Rt. 18 just out side of Hilton. His phone number is 392-3920. He runs American Wildlife taxidermy. He has done 6 fish and 1 duck for me. He does good work and charges $9.00 per inch.
-
REBEL Sandy Creek Sun Report
GAMBLER replied to RUNNIN REBEL's topic in New York Fishing Reports - Lake Ontario (South Shore)
Jerry, I will be out there on Wednesday. I will give you a shout on 72. I was in that same area Sunday and we did 12 fish. Flasher/Fly combos took most of our fish. -
You can't go back to the same dock with the same rubber worm day after day and catch the walleye or lake trout!
-
If that was me, I would have not made the ride home. If I ever go to Alaska, I will become a resident. Nice pics.
-
bananas are bad luck. Do not let anyone on your boat with bananas in their lunch. I don't let anyone in my boat that has anything with banana in it. If you ate a banana before the trip, it must be out of your system before boarding!
-
Price reduced to $40.00 pick up only!
-
Bobsboy, I kept my winning laker in the freezer for a while before getting it mounted and it was fine. If you do catch that 15 lb. freeze in a wet towel.
-
Rochester Report?
GAMBLER replied to TrophySeeker's topic in New York Fishing Reports - Lake Ontario (South Shore)
I heard from a buddy that they were getting steelies in 150 - 210 off of the river. Boards and core took the fish. -
Rick, Congrats. Maybe you should stop fishing for those stupid green carp and stick with the salmon!
-
Bump
-
Stop by American Wildlife Taxidermy on Rt. 18 West of Hilton. Greg has one that the tail is about 12" long.
-
Billy, Just go up a couple of lbs. on that rigger weight.
-
Weird sighting
GAMBLER replied to shorething's topic in New York Fishing Reports - Lake Ontario (South Shore)
I almost ran one over 4 years ago off of Irondequoit bay. It was a nice buck. It was swimming North from Durand Beach in 35' of water. I turned the boat in front of it and made it turn around. I watched it swim all the way back to the beach before heading out any further. It was a really cool thing to see. How big were the browns? -
The morning was good fishing but a little choppy. The winning king in the morning was 21lbs. 10oz. In the afternoon, the lake layed down and the fishing was slow. The winning fishin the afternoon was 10lbs. 12oz.
-
I use my wire dipsey divers all season long. I have a set of mono slide divers for high fish in the water column.
-
Jax, It is over at 1 pm. Steve, Way to Go!
-
Cowbells are a set of blades that go infront of a peanut or spin glow. You can get the cowbells at Mitchels, Gander Mountain, B & E, or Jay V. Buy the Hammerhead cowbells. For peanuts, buy glow in blue or green, silver, and blue and silver. Run the Cowbells 10 - 20 feet behind the ball and run your rigger 1 - 5' off the bottom. Hedges is East of I-bay about 6 miles (just past Webster Park). It is a white resturant on the water with a big bluff next to it on the East side.
