Jump to content

GAMBLER

Professional
  • Posts

    9,908
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by GAMBLER

  1. Fished From the Pump House to Watoma and ended up boating 7 kings and one steelhead. Had tons of knock offs and no one home. Most of the knock offs came on the cut bait rigs. had on king for 35 minutes and lost it at the back of the boat. The first run on that fish was 560' off of the rigger. The fish were pretty much scattered between 110- 180. I found a very nice screen while I was picking up in 90 - 100. Oh well. They might be there next time.
  2. The Canadian waters are just across the river. It is not that far at all.
  3. I used to fish the Cedar Point area a lot when I was a teenager (10-12 years ago). Get a Canadian license and fish the back side of Wolf Island. We used to go around across right across the river from Cedar Point camp grounds. We trolled outside the weedlines with Thunderstick Jr's in 18 - 25 fow. We would get largemouth, smallmouth, walleyes and northerns. We did see a couple of muskies caught over the years. Good luck!
  4. I wish mine was. I took it off last night to send back AGAIN to get repaired. The moron told me last time there was nothing wrong with it and it did not work when I got it back. So off it goes to Raymarine again.
  5. No it did not.
  6. I tried to delete 2 pm's in my box before I received this message. SECURITY ALERT » » » » CBACK CrackerTracker has detected a potential attack on this site with a worm or exploit script so the Security System stopped the script. If you can see this page after including a new MOD into your board or after clicking on a link please contact the Board Administrator with this error message and a description what you have done before you could see this page, that the Admin has the possibility to fix the problem.
  7. Sampos or Spros are the only 2 brands I use. I'm not exactly sure on the size off hand.
  8. Go with the Diawa Sealines or the Shimano Tekotas. Don't waste your time with the Okuma Magdas. They are cheap reels and notorious for drag problems (and other problems). The Convectors are ok reels. 1000' of stainless 7 strand wire will fit on a Diawa SG47LC with room to spare. I have run the Sealines for 12+ years and have no complaints.
  9. Malin 7 strand 30 lb ss wire in a 1000' spool. Wires take a lot of fish. Make sure you buy high quality swivels for your wires. I learned the hard way when I first purchased my wires. Good luck!
  10. W.W.IV., You have it all wrong. The windier (rougher) the better for those boneheads.
  11. Try claiming it on your homeowners insurance. You will be amazed what they will cover.
  12. Now that the flees are around, you won't be using power pro without headaches. Do yourself a favor and get a wire set up. You can run divers out 350 to get to those kings around 100-110.
  13. I talked with Jax a while ago and they took 3rd in this weekends Pro-Am. Good job guys.
  14. Here is one of the first kings my buddies son caught on Lake Ontario last Thursday on my boat.
  15. Fished from Watoma to the Nose and ended the day 15 for 25+ with 12 kings and 3 lakers. We had lots of short rips on the wire with no one home. White Spin Doctor with the Mirage Atommik fly and Stinger NBK's were the top producers. The best depths seemed to be 55-70 over 110. Most of our our fish came on a Westerly troll.
  16. Tom, I will be out there in the AM. Call me on 72. My boat name is Escape.
  17. I had one come up behind me really close last week. We were fighting a king at the time. He turned when he saw the king jump 30 yds in front of his boat. You should have launched a Thumper meat ball onto his deck!
  18. FISHINMAN, I left all of the lakers out there for you! I know how much you love catching them. That one laker came high in the water column on a school of bait. How did you do today?
  19. Fishin again?, My buddy was fishing out of Braddocks this morning and did good in 110 - 130 between Braddocks Point and Lighthouse point. Good luck. Let us know how you make out.
  20. Do your self a favor and book a local charter captain. That area (along with the rest of the lake) is smoking hot for trout and salmon.
  21. I have noticed it with certain colors. They hold up better than all the other brands. Stingers are the worst. I had 2 NBK's today right out of the package and they look like crap now.
  22. Fished from the Nose to Watoma and ended the day 20 for 31 by 10:30am. 15 of the 20 were kings, 3 steelies, one brown and one laker. 11 of the 15 kings were over 18 lbs. One fish was 22lbs. 15 oz. The wires were firing like crazy today. White spin doctor with the mirage atommik and the stinger NBK took 90% of our fish. We took fish from 75 - 120, 35 - 55 down.
  23. I wonder what it is with all of these slob browns this year. They all look really healthy. You wonder if it is all the gobies they are eating in the spring?
×
×
  • Create New...