Jump to content

GAMBLER

Professional
  • Posts

    9,908
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by GAMBLER

  1. Motoman, To cut the fin, use a hacksaw and cut 1/4" off of the fin on the back side of the flasher (usually about 1/2 the fin). Take a file and file down the sharp edges so it does not cut your line. This is on the 8" models. Diversion, I cut down all of my fins even on the newer style. They run better with half the fin.
  2. Tbromund, Do you cut down the fins on your e-chips? If you don't they will not run correct over 2.2 mph.
  3. Tom, I'm not going out Monday. I'm working the C shift starting 23 minutes ago. Good luck out there guys.
  4. Thats correct Tom. Walleye are in the spring and summer derbies only. As for Yankee Troller, once again he shines when Jax is fishing with him. Hmmm. :shock:
  5. Fished from the creek to Light house point and ended up 12 for 16. Started fishing @ 530 in 50 FOW. Had one wire rod out (could not see the rod it was so dark) and it fired. Landed a 20 lb. female that looked like it had been in the creeks for 2 weeks. Fished all the way down to Watoma in 50 - 75 and dumped a slob on the wire. Things were a little slow so we slipped out to 100 -110. As soon as I got out to 110, we doubled. The fish were coming down 45 - 55 over 110. Ended up with 8 kings, 2 steelhead, 1 brown and 1 laker. The biggest fish was 28lbs. 2 oz. That fish took Green Spin Doctor with a Atommik Green Hammer fly with a rattle. The fish took out 800 feet of wire and died with 500' of wire out. The hook was deep in the kings mouth and ripped it's gills to shreds. NBK in the stingray and Mag was hot once again. The other spoon that was firing was the froggy glow. The wires were hot early and shut off around 9 and then the riggers took over. I will not be out tomorrow because I'm sitting at work while I type this. Good luck to everyone and I hope one of you guys finds that $20,000 fish.
  6. I am a huge fan on the Penn Yann boats. They are very good in rough water and they are built to last. The only problem is finding one. They do not make them anymore and people that have them hang on to them. I would go with an I/O over an outboard. You can rebuild a motor and a lower unit cheaper than buying a new outboard motor. Outboards also get in the way when landing fish. You do not need a kicker unless you want to save on gas and wear and tear on the big motor. I just use bags to slow my boat down.
  7. I will be out Saturday and Sunday morning. Give me a shout on 72 - boat name is Escape. Good luck.
  8. If you buy the Diawa's I recommend the Sealine SG47LCA's. I had some of the Accudepths and did not like them as much as the Sealines (the drag does not seem as good). The Shimano Tekotas are nice but out of my price range. I have been running the Sealines for years and they have been very dependable. Good luck.
  9. Magda pros have been know to do that. I have heard that Okuma will replace them. I would get a new one and then get rid of all of them you own.
  10. Slickmick, Try this link http://www.mistinger.com/colors2.htm It is halfway down the page NBK Natural Born Killer
  11. If the unit is a LMS 350A, it could be the transducer is on it's way out. I had the same problem, and had trouble getting new transducer. It now sits on my dash as a GPS with the fish finder part turned off.
  12. I have never had that problem. If you need parts, call Diawa. They will send you new parts for free most of the time.
  13. What brand of Floro? I stick with Seagar. I tried P-line, Ande and others and went back to the Seagar. It is the toughest floro in my opinion. I Run 15 and 20 lb. leaders for kings (rigger rods with spoons). I make the switch in early August to 20 lb. For dipseys, I run 30 lb on spoons and 50 on flasher/fly rigs.
  14. I use my probe and fish finder together. I put rods were I see fish no matter what the temp is. Lately, I have caught a lot of kings in 70 degree water.
  15. My number one producer lately for flashers has been a green Spin Doctor with a green hammer Atommik fly. For spoons, the Stinger NBK in Stingray and Mag has been Hot Hot Hot all season. Here are some of my favorite flasher / fly combos: White Spin Doctor with the Hammer fly Green Spin Doctor with the Packer fly White Spin Doctor with the Mirage fly Favorite Spoons: Mulatto Froggy / glow froggy Wonderbread Spook Kevorkian
  16. We let it go becuase I didn't feel that it was worth it to kill a fish that would not stay on the board. FISHINMAN is around. It sounds like he is really busy or he can't get that kid to go with him anymore because of the skunk the one day! :shock:
  17. Bob, I went East. I saw a smaller boat when we were picking up heading in. I have a tan stacraft with a brown canvas, four cannon riggers, two big john planner masts.
  18. Fished the same zone as yesterday. The screen was loaded with bait in the dark. Once it got light, the screen dried up. Did a double at first light and that was it for kings. Tried lakers for a short time and did a 11 lber and the smallest laker I have caught yet. It was 10" long. The temp was 25' shallower than it was yesterday and the current was strong. Both kings came on NBK (what a suprise). The lakers came on the usual Cowbell and peanut rigs. Good luck to everyone that gets out tonight. LTtroller, what boat were you in?
  19. Fished on the Trout-N-About this morning. Things were a little slow but we ended the day 5 for 9. The biggest was weighed in but did not make the board (27lbs. 3 oz.). Fished from 105 - 125. Tons of marks but not many takers. it sounded like it was the same for everybody. I will be back at it tomorrow on my own boat. PS. One of our LOU members (I won't mention any names) was attacked by a king last night and spent some time in the emergency room getting his finger fixed.
  20. Bosco, Alewives are primary forage for I-bay walleyes in June/July when they come into the bay to spawn. The rest of the year thet are eating perch, shad, and other bait fish. I have noticed the same thing that the I-bay walleyes are not the greatest eaters.
  21. Was not me. I was stuck working today. Hopefully things improve in the next couple of days.
  22. Lake trout are smarter than that!
  23. Stix, I don't know about this particular unit but, I have owned Garmin products in the past and loved them. The quality of the product is great. My next GPS will be a Garmin. Good luck.
  24. It would be a little tough with the currents. Give it a try and let us know how it works.
  25. Usually upwelling spreads the fish out because there prefered water temp is screwed up. Upwelling also usually means bad currents. The temp off (50degrees) of Sandy creek 3 days ago was down 105'. Today it is 43 degrees on the surface. At this time of the year, find bait and the fish should still be there.
×
×
  • Create New...