Jump to content

GAMBLER

Professional
  • Posts

    9,908
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by GAMBLER

  1. Gander Mountain in Henrietta (Rochester) has some stuff out so far. I can't speak for the others.
  2. Tom, I use 30 and 40 lb. Seagar. No bite offs yet. I landed the 41"er 3 years ago on 15 lb. I got very lucky. I did have bite offs on 25 and less.
  3. Rick, I don't hog all the flags. My tipups are the only ones going. The guys I fish with are lazy and will not switch over to floro carbon instead of steel leaders. On Conesus, the florocarbon leaders has increased my numbers big time. Last winter, we fished the Avon Anglers Tourney. We had 40 tip ups out in our group. I had the only 5 with floro instead of steel and I caught the only 3 fish of the day (2 pike and 1 tiger musky). Same thing goes with Honeoye, light floro out fishes regular mono everytime. I have a new job so I have more weekends off now. Tom, You are more than welcome to join us on the ice. We are going to turn Jax into an icefisherman this winter. And yes, I do fish lakers through the ice. A 10 lb. laker on a medium action jigging rod is awesome.
  4. You don't ice fish Tom? If you want, I can take you to Hemlock or Canadice and hook you up with some lakers!
  5. Rick, Come with me to my spot on Conesus this winter and I will show you a 40" pike.
  6. Nice buck Billy. Is it going on the wall?
  7. FISHINMAN, I was talking about the probe!!! :shock:
  8. Come on Tom. I have placed more browns (3) than lakers (2). I will take you out as long as you don't bring bananas. Also, the cowbells never leave boat.
  9. Try Spoonpullers. Here is a link to a 17' Starcraft (Canadian). You will need to become a member if you are not one already. http://spoonpullers.proboards42.com/index.cgi?board=sale&action=display&thread=1193362546
  10. Same thing here Mike. I have a lot of weekdays off and some weekends. Sign up for the LOC derbys and we will fish them.
  11. Ray, Did you pull a FISHINMAN and put one in the bottom?
  12. Nice eye is right! Way to go Maniac.
  13. Don't say that too loud, you will make Yankee Troller upset!
  14. Here it is. The pic does not do it justice. It was a long and skinny pike. Would have been a little fatter come icefishing!
  15. I'm going to purchase a 400' copper set up and a 500' copper set up. I will also pick up some more flies and spoons.
  16. Is the parking lot still fenced?
  17. Even if a flasher is not firing, it should be left in your spread. Flashers suck fish into your spread from a distance. They may not hit that rig but they turn away and see a spoon and crush it. Without it in your spread, that king may not come into your spread. The OLD LOGIC of flasher/ fly rig are for August is out the door. Too many people still go by this old logic. I start running flashers in May and leave them in my spread all season.
  18. Larry, Forcing Spin Doctors? Spin Doctors have a speed range of 1.5 - 4.5 on the fast setting and .5 - 1.5 on the slow setting. If you can't get hits on Spin Doctors in a current, try changing the setting. With a speed and temp unit, you should be able to get a Spin Doctor to work. If the speed at the ball is 2.8 in slow current and 2.8 in a stronger current, the Spin Doctor should work them same. Just adjust your boat speed.
  19. I start out with on flasher in my rigger spread and atleast one on a wire.
  20. Fished Conesus last Friday with a buddy from Hawaii. Casted along the weedlines for a couple hours with only a couple of follows. Decided to start trolling and nailed a 42" Northern on a point. The fish came in 22 FOW. The pig took a Bomber Long A deep diver in firetiger. I will post the pictures when my buddy emails them to me.
  21. That is a juvenile king. That fish would spawn next season.
  22. Rick, I thought TJ had a buyer?
  23. Next years juvinile kings and steelhead will be out there all the time at this time of the year. You will still find some spawners lingering out there too. Most tribs. get late runs of kings. Usually the Genny sees a second good run around Halloween. The steelies don't hit most tribs until Halloween also. Go out there and fish in the section of water above the thermalcline. The steelies can be anywhere in that slug of water but for the most part, the kings are down near the thermalcline. Good luck.
  24. Is this the boat that is missing the gas tank?
  25. You can get a lot of ladder backs at the NK sale in the spring. Captains Cove in Oak Orchard has a very large selection.
×
×
  • Create New...