Jump to content

GAMBLER

Professional
  • Posts

    9,908
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by GAMBLER

  1. Good luck Rob. Keith has a bunch of those stands on his properties and they are awesome stands.
  2. I change out all of my mono and floro every year. It is a cheap insurance policy.
  3. I don’t want 10,000 all the time. I want the most possible when it is possible when the lake is high and risks flooding. I don’t feel the IJC did that. It’s my opinion. When money is involved, money has control. I have seen it in places of employment and government. They will post “facts” to support their agenda yet they hide the facts that hold them liable. Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app
  4. How would they make the hydraulic high of 12,000? Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app
  5. They must not be too concerned about the level. They went to 10,700. Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app
  6. Common sense needs to be used. When more water coming in, more needs to go out. Last year in October/ November the lake started gaining. Normally it drops until mid December. More water should have been let out when possible to make room for the following spring run off. You can say what you want about facts but the IJC blew your facts out of the water when they just took the outflow to 10,300. Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app
  7. These are gone. Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app
  8. Good luck Rob! Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app
  9. This thread is done. The IJC proved the true reason for the lake level being high right now. We all know it is because of shipping and the almighty dollar. Like I said before and was told I was wrong, more could have been done to keep this flooding this past year to a minimum. Yes we have had a lot of precip, the lakes are all above average but outflows were scaled back for shipping. We still would have had high water but not to the extreme we had and currently have. Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app
  10. Happy New Years everyone! 2019 was great! Hopefully 2020 is better! Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app
  11. CCI Magnum 209 primers. The CVA Accura V2 gets hang fires with Blackhorn 209 powder with these primers. The powder called for Magnums not these. Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app
  12. You can just have them Rob. I have three boxes for mag CCI’s already! Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app
  13. Free to a good home. Pick up only. These are brand new. I ordered the wrong ones. Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app
  14. They will sit behind kings and gobble them up like crazy as they get dropped. Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app
  15. Back to 10,000? I thought it wasn’t physically possible at this lake level? Like I stated before, they could have done more. Shipping and the almighty dollar wins every time. You can’t believe everything the IJC puts out there. They are not going to throw themselves into the fire and say yup we could have done more. They are going to say they did all they can and post info that supports their position. Just like government and businesses. Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app
  16. In 2017 there were talks about shutting down shipping to let more water out. It was turned down by the board because it would cost huge $. More is possible but (shipping) $$$ rules. Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app
  17. The thing being ignored is the board members and there vested interests. There are board members with vested interest in shipping and electricity production. I guarantee, more cod have been done but was not due to vested interests. It takes a unanimous vote to make changes with the board. Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app
  18. I agree with Gary. Riggers give you more versatility and easier to deploy / work with.
  19. It doesn't work that way because the plan is flawed. There is no excuse to not let excess water out when possible when we have the Niagara dumping more water in than normal and Lake Ontario way above average. This is peoples frustration with the IJC and plan 2014. They are not doing ALL they can to minimize flooding.
  20. Fitzmagic! LMAO!
  21. Why cut back outflows starting on August 21st if Montreal wasn't flooding, the Ottawa wasn't flooding and ice was not forming. It is simple, shipping. Safer travel for ships yet the lake continues to be way too high. They dealt with higher flows all summer why not keep it at high outflows until flooding occurs or ice is close to forming. Yes there was high precipitation, higher upper great lakes, but better management could have us going into winter with a lower Lake Ontario and a better chance of less flooding next year.
  22. On a positive note, I saw someone got a king off the bar today!
  23. Awesome! Congrats to both of you!
  24. I'm in! I cant wait to run more junk lines for offshore steelhead!
  25. I am a believer that Seneca will not get back to the old days until the lamprey situation gets under control.
×
×
  • Create New...