Jump to content

GAMBLER

Professional
  • Posts

    9,908
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by GAMBLER

  1. So the flow rates were cut back starting on August 21st. according to the IJC website. There was no flooding on Montreal, The Ottawa was not flooding, there was no ice forming, but the flows were cut. Yes the currents were ripping downstream of the dam and ships had to be careful navigating parts of the river but more could have been done.
  2. Junk lines are no different than trib gear with too light of leader or live bait / real eggs. Protecting the salmon during the spawn on the only good natural reproduction trib makes sense. I'm not for closing the entire river but making some changes to ensure salmon spawning success and fish reach the hatchery needs to happen. Weather it is closing sections of the river or dropping the trib creel limit. Why wouldn't you support protecting the salmon when they are most vulnerable on the most fertile trib on the South shore of Lake Ontario? Is it that you only want Steelhead and Atlantics so you can have a year round fishery on the tribs and screw everyone else? It sure seems that way!
  3. Merry Christmas Hank and everyone else here! Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app
  4. Anyone know if this is true? Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app
  5. WTP. I buy 100’ rolls in bulk. Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app
  6. At the state of the lake meeting a couple years ago they posted a graphic that showed the pecking order of alewife consumption. I will have to see if I can dig it up. Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app
  7. Sam was a great man and a great friend. I started making Gambler Rigs and used them on his boat when is was in college. I brought them one day and it took a lot of convincing to get him to change his routine. At the end of the day, I was headed home to make a bunch of them up for him! He is greatly missed! Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app
  8. Lakers have a diverse diet yet they eat way more alewife than anything else. Years of laker fishing and being a first mate for Sam Datillo in my younger years, I cut up a ton of lakers. The only time we found more gobies than alewife was in early April before the bait come in from the deep. Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app
  9. It’s all yours Andy. Let me know when we can meet up. Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app
  10. It’s all yours Andy. Let me know when we can meet up. Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app
  11. I purchased a couple different sizes of flip up scope caps and have an extra. It is a Butler Creek size #20 1.775” rear scope cap. Free to a good home. It will be more of a hassle to send it back! Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app
  12. It’s not about stirring trouble. We need to protect natural reproduction and insure enough kings get to the hatchery for egg collection. The Salmon River is a snagger gauntlet for the kings. It’s amazing a single kings makes the 13 mile journey alive! If there DEC is going to manage the kings for the lake, they should do all they can to protect them when they spawn. To make the steelhead fishery better, they are imposing a reduced creel limit in the lake. Shouldn’t they follow the same pattern and insure a better king fishery by protecting the kings when they are spawning? Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app
  13. Since the Kings are managed for the lake, I say we push to close parts of the Salmon River to promote and preserve natural reproduction. Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app
  14. It’s fading fast Chad. I was hoping for a warm winter to help out. Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app
  15. The lake temp is right on track for the same as last year. It got below 40 degrees on the same day last year almost the same hour. I wouldn’t expect a great YOY survival. Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app
  16. DEC just announced more stocking cuts to Kings and Lake trout. Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app
  17. HMMMM I have a tape cutter and can make the tapes for that flasher...
  18. What would Rob do with all the free time?
  19. It was a great season. Congrats to everyone that scored! Thank you Rob for starting this thread! This thread is the best thread on LOU year in and year out. And a huge thanks Keith for letting my son and I hunt with you all season!
  20. No. In 2017, when people started demanding they let out more water, their response was we are following the 2014 plan. I wish I saved the LORA newsletters that my wife's boss sends out. He is the head of Lake Ontario Repairian Alliance. Also if that was the case, they would have not cut back flows this fall. They could have left the flows higher to get the lake down but they cut back. Once it got cold enough for ice, they could have ramped down to manage the ice.
  21. Did you have a doe tag in the next DMU? Holy sh*t. That’s one hell of a shot! Congrats! Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app
  22. Tuesday night I see one going down!
  23. I use power pro with a floro leader. I have gotten away from mono. The feel with braid is way better and no loops when you are using bobbers or light tackle.
  24. If it wasn’t affecting shipping, how come they didn’t keep the flows higher in September and October? There was zero flooding in Montreal!! Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app
  25. Did you send that photo to Marlo? Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app
×
×
  • Create New...