Jump to content

GAMBLER

Professional
  • Posts

    9,908
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by GAMBLER

  1. GAMBLER

    Ibay 9/29

    I sent you a PM.
  2. I first met Joe when I was a first mate for Sam Datillo . The first day I met Joe, Sam and I trolled browns that morning in the same water Joe was fishing. He caught a pig walleye in front of Shipbuilders in 10' of water that morning. He was a great man and a huge loss to the fishing community. My condolences to all of his family and friends.
  3. GAMBLER

    Bullheads

    They have been for a week or two.
  4. GAMBLER

    Ibay 9/29

    Last Monday they were in 35-50’. Inside of that was all small fish. My buddy was out there two days later and they were still there but actively spawning and the bite was way slower. Very light bite for us. You had to leave the line slack or they would drop it. Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app
  5. The Greece Ponds to Lighthouse area producers a lot of northerns once the spawn is over. Somedays, they inhale stickbaits and break off. It gets a little annoying. I had a buddy on my boat years ago and wanted to troll a $25.00 Luckycraft stick bait. He wasn't thrilled with losing it to a northern.
  6. According to Cuomo the curve is flattening and less people have been coming into hospitals. So what we have been doing is working (even though NYC subways are still packed with people). If that is the case, leave things the way they were. Why take away an outlet for people to destress? When I went out last week, people were social distancing and playing by the rules. Just because there are a ton of trailers in the parking lot, doesn't mean people are not social distancing. If the curve is flattening, it is close to starting to decline. If we just continue on the path we are on, and not make changes, it will go down. Using a boat and social distancing is not going to make the numbers climb again. Use your heads, wash your hands, don't touch your face, protect yourself and you will not spread or contract this virus.
  7. I run Atommiks exclusively because Toms stuff is awesome quality and he has taken care of me for years. Here are a few I run. Green Crinkle Green Hammer Mirage Glow Hypnotist Stud Stud Glow Hammer Pro Am Net Pen ANYTHING GREEN works!
  8. Try FISH307
  9. If the numbers look bigger, people will live in fear and listen to King Andy. Its all a scare tactic. Currently by Monroe Counties numbers, There are 712 cases of Corona since the beginning. There has been 46 deaths and 341 cured. That makes 325 Active cases. I'm with you all the way with this Sean.
  10. 100,000 is nothing. With the lack of food and number of lakers in that lake, they more than likely did not survive a month!
  11. Walked Gators land today with the crew. Broke up into two groups and spread out. Three sheds found! Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app
  12. The water level is much higher now than it was last year and the year before. I believe we are 9" above last year on this date.
  13. Until late June. When the lake upwells, they can be found like this again no matter what time of the year it is. Last season we had four days in a row in early July where the lake upwelled. We piss pounded the browns three days in a row in 10-20' of water just like spring. The middle of August it happened again and we pounded them for days in 10-30'.
  14. I have duck hunted in that marsh. Without that spillway, there would still be plenty of spawning habitat. Some spots we hunted were over waist deep. Do big pike make it back to the lake after spawning? If they are left in that marsh, the water will get to warm for them to maintain body weight. Does anyone know when that spillway was constructed? The pike population in Conesus is nothing compared to what it was in the 70's and 80's according to the old timers I know that live on the lake.
  15. That spillway should be removed so the pike can spawn in numbers in prime habitat.
  16. Your post I quoted said nothing about guides........ Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app
  17. Looks like Keuka lakers are starting to look a lot healthier!
  18. Try being stuck in the house with a wife that is homeschooling your kid because school is closed, your wife is laid off and you can't drink due to being allergic to alcohol. Fishing is my only outlet from stress.
  19. Guys were getting browns in the bay Saturday when I was perch fishing. We got three browns on fatheads.
  20. We were getting alewife of all sizes in the intake all winter which is not the norm. Our intake temp is running about 3-4 degrees warmer than the past two winters.
  21. All the kids fishing pics are great but I don’t have the opportunity to take my kid. The school district is giving the kids the normal school work they would be doing if school was still in session. Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app
  22. I read 159 pages of it last night. That’s all I could get through without falling asleep. Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app
  23. Holy crap! How old are you Jimski? Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app
  24. The DMV is closed at the order of King Andy. Good luck getting anything soon!
×
×
  • Create New...