Jump to content

GAMBLER

Professional
  • Posts

    9,908
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by GAMBLER

  1. Nice chatting with you Darrick. Thank you for the order. And like I said, any questions, feel free to ask! I'm always willing to help guys out.
  2. Where are you fishing? Makes a huge difference.
  3. The browns will still be in shallow. We usually find them in 10 - 60 fow depending on water temp and the status of the thermalcline setting up.
  4. And huge thank you to the guys that mentioned my product!
  5. 24" - 28" in the standard. Shorter works but somedays they are not in the mood and will not come in that tight. I have tried longer but 28" seems to be the best length. Longer leads didn't produce anymore bites for me.
  6. It all depends on the year. Two years ago, the kings were inside of 100' of water the entire season (except a couple days when we had upwelling).
  7. Do I think this is all about control? No. Do I think there has been some serious overreach of Andrew Cuomo and that nut job from Michigan? Hell yes.
  8. My 2 most productive coppers are the 300 and 500. I run Atommik 45# copper.
  9. I witnesses this exact this years ago at the Irondequoit Bay boat ramp. It was a brand new StarCraft Islander. First trip didn't go so well!
  10. You too!
  11. Stop being a closet laker guy Billy. We all know how much you love them. Especially as a meal!
  12. Cuomo changed it today and all marinas and launches are open for private use as long as social distance rules are followed. Charters are still on the back burner.
  13. One mans trash is another mans treasure! Over the past 5 years, the lake trout image has gotten better. A couple seasons of these stocking cuts, the closet lake trout fishermen will be fishing them with regularity. It has happened before.
  14. If you guys are that bored, I may need some Gambler Rigs assembled...….. My workforce at home is on strike!
  15. Channel * WHEC announced Cuomo signed an order yesterday reopening golf courses...……. Crickets on boat ramps and marinas.
  16. They were very accurate but like I stated before, blood trails sucked and the bullets fragmented, The one doe I front should shot broadside. I found fragments in the hindquarters. Another I shot, the bullet fragments and all came out in little pieces. It looked like multiple .22 holes on exit. Very little blood. The Hornadys I shoot now mushroom out perfectly and drop them.
  17. Any issues with the power belts? I had zero blood trail on good hits (luckily they didn't go far),the bullets fragmented and made a mess.
  18. I shoot Blackhorn 209 powder, 45 caliber Hornady FTX bullets, MMP sabots (I don't remember the size off hand) and CCI magnum primers out of my Accura V2. I have shot 11 deer with the gun, powder, and bullet combo in 4 years and 10 dropped in their tracks and the one made it 40 yds and dropped in sight.
  19. CVA Accura V2 is an awesome gun. Make sure you get the nitride finish. Stainless steel of today still rusts!
  20. In the last 25 years, I have seen a couple years like this. The fall fishing on the Monroe County bays and the ponds was way off compared to normal. The one thing that worries me is the huge numbers of cormorants that were on the ponds, Braddocks and Ibay the past couple of years. Not good.
  21. The bite was sporadic all March / April. It was a slower winter in the ponds too. It almost seems like an off year where they didn’t come into the ponds. Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app
  22. Wearing masks is a waste when most people do not properly wear them! We were at Wegmans yesterday and 90% of the people were wearing them below their nose, touching them with their dirty hands and taking them on and off. It also gives people a false sense of security. Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app
  23. Those are old S&S blades! I caught the 2005 Fall LOC winning lake trout on that exact blade color!!! Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app
  24. And some are being opened again. Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app
  25. GAMBLER

    Ibay 9/29

    Or the drain plug! 🤣 Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app
×
×
  • Create New...