Jump to content

GAMBLER

Professional
  • Posts

    9,908
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by GAMBLER

  1. I have no experience with weighted steel but tone with Copper. Copper can be a pain but it flat out produces. I have been using Atommik Copper since the beginning and will not switch. Toms copper is awesome stuff. My most productive lengths are 300 and 500.
  2. Technically you cant weigh it in if it was caught from 8pm - midnight. That walleye division is looking like more of a flop everyday as the derby moves on.
  3. Very cool Steve!
  4. Mitchels is still a weigh station.
  5. I use Daiwa Saltist reels for my riggers. Best drag on the market and high speed gear ratio.
  6. Daiwa Saltist for Lead cores and Shorter coppers. Seagates for Short and mid length coppers.
  7. I use 62 degrees intersecting the bottom and troll zig zagging inside and outside of that intersection. Finding structure is another key to successful brown fishing. Smaller spoons in black and silver, black silvers with glows, and froggy pattern spoons. Somedays they will be warmer or colder if bait is around. Riggers, leadcores, divers and coppers all excel brown fishing if you present them properly. Cheaters on riggers account of a lot of browns most days. Speed is critical most days. I like 1.6-2.3 for browns depending on their mood. Here are some of my favorite brown spoons: Stingers: Gator Gator UV Tuxedo Tuxedo UV Green Glow alewife Green Glow alewife UV Purple Glow Alewife Moonshines: Carbon 14 Green Jeans Geezer
  8. Congrats Ken. That one should get a check at the end!
  9. To try to get more people to enter from the Chaumont area is what I heard. I think it is going to cause more people to not enter from the rest of the lake. Another poor decision on Dave's part IMO. If you want to increase participation, add a walleye division and better payouts for the divisions.
  10. Nice job Bill. Happy Fathers Day!
  11. Tell me about it Chad! Covid shutdowns really set me back for building last minute inventory and I am WAY busier than past years. I have broke my sales record every month in 2020! Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app
  12. Yes! We caught steelhead all over the water column. Mostly on spoons. Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app
  13. Take a look into what a lie detector test costs for EACH individual tested and you will see quickly that it is not affordable. I am with you on lie detectors due to some horrible things I have seen over the years but these tournaments are not big enough to cover the costs. Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app
  14. Finally able to get out and fish. I have been super busy building lake trout tackle, working and having boat issues. Yesterday was the maiden voyage for the season. We left the creek and set up in 150’. Fished out to 400 and found 225-275 was the best water. Worked that area and put together a decent box of Kings, Lakers , and steelhead. Steelhead were all over the water column. We took two steelhead over 10 (one on a 75’ rigger and one on a 210 diver). 2 and 3 color leadcores were good for smaller steelhead. 50’, 75’ and 100’ riggers all produced equal amounts of hits. Ended the day in the lake trout waters that was filled with bait and made for a tough bite. Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app
  15. Mitchels bait and tackle in Rochester. Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app
  16. Mines not done yet. Does a 19.04lb brown trout count? Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app
  17. Stick to the local guys. Atommik and Minion. Great quality and both guys are fishermen like us. I run Atommik exclusively on my boat. Over the years, Tom has taken care of me and gives back to the fishery.
  18. Me too! Red or white hots Chad?
  19. There are good numbers of lakers at the Oak until late June. After that, they disappear for the most part. Oak Charters run to Devils Nose to Laker fish if they have to later in the summer.
  20. Hopefully he invests in a trailer lock too!
  21. The Oak is great but Sandy has lakers as plan B. In July, if you cant find kings off Sandy, you need to spend more time offshore just like Oak Orchard. For a rec guy that just wants to put fish in the boat, an inshore laker fishery is a better plan B than running to the 30 line for kings and steelhead.
  22. All of July up until the first or second week of August. Sandy is the perfect place for your boat. Before you come out, message me and I will give you up to date reports for the Sandy area that I have. We have the Sandy Creek Shootout the last weekend of July for a reason. That weekend is usually the peak of the salmon fishing and its on fire!
  23. If you want more fish, Rochester West is a better option until later in the season. The Sandy / Braddocks stretch IMO is one of the best stretches on the entire lake for Browns and Lakers. We have great king fishing from May on, Some of the best brown and lake trout fishing on the entire lake and a good offshore steelhead bite. Look back at the LOC summer derby boards and you will see! Sandy is a small port with very few boats but there are fish weighed on from Sandy in great numbers every year. Sandy also offers a free boat launch right off the Parkway 100 yds from the lake.
  24. I would much rather see NW than NE!
  25. Image is a little blurry but you can see by this photo. Look for the yellow coloration. Off Sandy, it is close to shore. Off of the Genesee River, it’s way out. It seems like the 40-60’ zone is endless when running North out of the Genny! Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app
×
×
  • Create New...