Jump to content

GAMBLER

Professional
  • Posts

    9,908
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by GAMBLER

  1. The key to being successful is understanding the flip and where the fish go when it happens. There is a lot of good info posted here!
  2. 2013 was the last season we boated a 30lb king too. The 2020 summer LOC kings were better than the past two seasons for sure. I boated a 26 and change that placed 5th in the 2018 summer LOC. Last week we boated a 28.07 that took 9th. That 26 and change would not have made the top 20 this year.. Hopefully a warm winter is in store and the bait can rebound more.
  3. It’s sold. Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app
  4. Bummer. I have too much tackle as it is! I really don’t need this gift certificate! Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app
  5. Sorry but his bad hip really knocks his value down! 🤣 Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app
  6. I have a $250.00 dreamweaver gift certificate from Big Fish in the Calcutta in the SCS. I would like to get rid of for $200. Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app
  7. I would think it would be due to the high level of out of state participation in this derby. I would much rather them cancel it than lose money and never have it again. It sucks but it doesn’t surprise me. Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app
  8. The building is a mess. The one building and intake structure will stay. The tank and one building are coming down. Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app
  9. The SE side of Carlton Island is a great perch spot in July and August. We drift from the Silo to the point on the East end in 15-25'. BE careful if you anchor in that area. There is a power cable that goes across the river bottom to the island in that area. It was not marked on Navionics (it is now) when we caught our anchor on it years back! We do get some occasional bass and walleye while perch fishing there too.
  10. Not a silver one but a black one. Blood Run Impallor size one works great. That's what I use.
  11. The shootout is the perfect tourney for small boat guys. It has been won 4 times now by guys in smaller boats that are not captains. I have won it twice, Net Breakers won it a couple years ago, and Jakey Baby won it a couple years ago also.
  12. We knew from Friday that the late morning bite was still there. Once the boats clear the inside waters, the fish turned on again. We had the mindset to stay and grind the fish. They didn't leave so we had to wait them out!
  13. Glad you guys came up to fish it! Its a great tourney every year!
  14. For those that fish Sandy, I wanted to warn you guys that the “Pump house” (old Brockport water treatment plant) will be taken down this fall / winter. The West end of the building and the water tower will be taken down. The East end of the building will still be standing. Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app
  15. Well done Pete! Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app
  16. I use Putzke brine and familiar bite. I bribe them the night before. I keep mine in the brine all night and fishing the next day. Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app
  17. If you fall out of the boat alone, you are done. It happened off Toronto last year. The boat drove until it hit shore and was found. They recovered his body days later. You will not be able to swim fast enough to catch back up to your boat. If someone is with you, you can be picked up. So 2 people is a lot safer than one. Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app
  18. Glad to hear everyone is safe! Sorry to hear about the boat. Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app
  19. 1.8 - 2.2 was the ticket into tricking 4 big kings for us this weekend! Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app
  20. Brian is the man when it comes to getting reel fixed! Quick, quality work and a good guy! Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app
  21. Well done! Smart move heading East! Sandy was a little crowded yesterday! Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app
  22. Mine is a Starcraft Blue water. Great boat! Mine needed stringers and a transom and got that done in 2009. I will take some pics this week when I’m down at the boat! Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app
  23. Congrats guys! Well done! Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app
  24. Congrats guys! Well done! Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app
×
×
  • Create New...