-
Posts
489 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Events
Gallery
Store
Everything posted by Persistence
-
Sandy 6-4 PM
Persistence replied to FISHINMAN's topic in New York Fishing Reports - Lake Ontario (South Shore)
Tom, I was out last night for a quick look see and found the same conditions. No bait marked. I was probably the boat West of you as there were no other boats outs. We did mark a few fish in 180 to 200 and managed one 12# King. That fish came 80 down and out of 41 degree water. I will be out Thursday evening if you out give me a call on 72. -
Irish Thunder Thanks
Persistence replied to steelhead'r's topic in New York Fishing Reports - Lake Ontario (South Shore)
Fred, I have to second Jerry's comments about Joe. As a member of Jerry's team, Joe as always been a class guy and helped us out whenever asked weither it is a pro/am or not. Bringing your brother in and giving up fishing time is just something Joe would do. I trust your brother is doing fine. -
Rod, apparently the rules have changed. While in Olcott this past weekend fishing the Pro/Am, I noticed a couple amature boats being launched in the morning and then being put on trailers at the end of the day. I would still contact the Oswego tournament committe for their ruling. Our team, fishing under Rebel Charters, finished 11th out of the 27 Pro boats entered.
-
Rod, I would be interested in their response. Please let me know by a PM or a posting. In any event, I think you will enjoy fishing in the Pro/AM's.
-
Rod, the intent is to ensure the boat does not leave the habor in an attempt to scout new water. In this way helps to have a level playing field for all participants.
-
Fish Tales You can leave from either Mexico or Oswego. You must return to the port you departed from and the boat can not leave again. You choose what port you want to depart from. Keep in mind that all fish are weighed in Oswego. When you return to port your fishing is done for the day, from another boat or dock, casting, trolling or what ever. Trailering is not permitted. Your observer must be present before your team can leave port. If a no show, you must replace him/her by either dropping a fishing team member or providing someone else. If you drop afishing team member obviously you must give up rods by law. Usually there are individuals who sign up to be observers in case a team can not provide their own. Usually a tip is given in this case. You can contact the tournament committee at the pre-fish meeting. Cheaters are allowed within state laws. As a long time Pro/Am participant, fishing with Team Rebel,I think you will find that the tournament is well run and challenging. Best of Luck
-
Rob, have you tried Gander, Jay Vee or Dicks? If you do not find them, I can look in Olcott this weekend when I am up there fishing the Pro/Am. Let me know.
-
FAIR HAVEN REPORT
Persistence replied to double_trouble's topic in New York Fishing Reports - Lake Ontario (South Shore)
DT,thanks for your report. Please pass along, to the guys, that I wish them a safe tour and thank them for defending our country. God Bless America and those who defend it. Our prayers are with them. -
Observer registration in LOC during Pro/Am
Persistence replied to Persistence's topic in Open Lake Discussion
Bob, I will contact Mike on your request. -
Observer registration in LOC during Pro/Am
Persistence replied to Persistence's topic in Open Lake Discussion
Bob, thanks for the reply. This question came up and I thought I might address it with the LOC. Dave Chilson of the LOC and Mike Waterhouse of the Orleans Pro/Am have discussed this. Mike will mention it at the captain's meeting. Again thanks -
A question came up concerning a situation where a LOC qualifying fish was caught during a Pro/Am. The question: is the observer required to be registered in the LOC to allow the fishing team, the observer is observing on, to be able to register the fish in the LOC. I spoke to Dave Chilson from LOC and his reply was "Yes" the observer MUST be registered. He offered to have forms at the Captain's meetings for OBSERVERS to register. He stated that he will issue a one or two day pass FREE of charge for the OBSERVERS ONLY, to be used during the PRO/AM only. A list of observers will be generated for confirmation. The bottom line is , as always, that all persons on the boat must be registered in the LOC to enter a fish in that tournament. All Pro/Am and LOC rules still apply. The observer is considered just that, an observer, and not a fishing participant. Also there will be an announcement at the captain's meeting concerning this issue. The intent of this action is to allow a team to enter a qualifying fish in the LOC when caught during the PRO/AM. The integrity of both tournaments should be maintained by all participants. I want to thank Dave Chilson for being very cooperative in offering the FREE Observer Pass. When you see Dave at the Captain's meeting you may want to thank him for being flexible on this issue. To avoid Dave from being inundated with questions, I will offer to collect responses from you and bring them up at the captain's meeting. You can PM me through this site if you wish or you can email me at [email protected] Just trying to address a situation before it happens...... Good Luck to all participants.
-
On Monday May 14th, the DEC stocked Sandy Creek with 110K Chinook Salmon as our allotment for '07. The salmon were direct stocked at the state launch ramp. We should see these guys returning in '09. Cohos, as always will be stocked in the Fall.
-
Ray,could not get to the baot any earlier as the guy I was fishing with did not want to start any sooner than six. it is tough to get old I guess. We stayed at the Harbor Hotel.
-
Ray,where do you come up with this stuff!!!!!!!!! You are in the wrong line of work............. We were up to Olcott from Wednesday thru Sunday. Did real good all five days on Kings and Cohos. Fished from just West of Wilson to Somerset. Saw your van at the marina but did not see anyone around.
-
Congrats to all the LOU members that made it on the board!!
Persistence replied to REELJERKS's topic in Open Lake Discussion
Steve,congrats to you and your crew on your placing in the Salmon division and the item and info you passed along Sunday morning. My girl-friend finished 18th in the Laker division. I trust you had a good trip home. -
Jim,congrats on your placing 18th. We also fished the Somerset area and boated a number of Kings. Our biggest was 17lbs. We had a great 4 day trip boating Kings, Cohos and Steelhead and a couple of Lakers. Our best day was Thursday when we boated 16 in combination. Congrats again.
-
Saturday 5/5 - Started the day getting away from the shoreline. Found an area of 50.5 degree water. Worked it and took 1 King, 1 Steelie and 3 Lakers. Largest Laker was 16.4 lbs. boated by my girlfreind and is currently in 9th. place. Dropped three other bites Did not get to see the fish. A lot of debris in the area and was setting up a nice scum line. Spoons were the all glow R&R and Gr/Glow Most boats were working inside with varied results. Browns mostly. Sunday 5/6 - Returned to same area and as thought, the 50 degree water was gone with the NE wind. Temp. was 44.6. Scum line broken apart. Did manage to boat a couple coho and 1 Steelie. Silver hammered and smooth silver Stingerss. Worked the inside for a short time and did not push a rod. Off the water by noon. Reports varied again with the best catch being 11 fish. Stained water inshore. Seemed like all boats caught a few fish. The Pen-reared Steelhead were released at 6pm on 5/6. To my knowledge only three or four fish were lost out of the 7500 pen-reared. Fish were reported to be 17 to the lb. vs 21 to the lb. in the past. A BIG THANK YOU to all the volunteers. Sandy Creek also received its allotment of 110K Chinooks as direct stocking into the creek last week. Fish were stocked at the state launch. Heading to Olcott on Wednesday to fish the remainder of the LOC. Reportrs from there are not stellar but hey you only need one fish !!!!! Good Luck to all.
-
Joe, Lake conditions at Oswego can be very rough at times. A West wind can make the East end very unsafe. A 19 footer depending on depth of free board is ok however if you venture any distance from your port of launch you may be putting yourself in a bad situation. I would keep the 21 footer since you already have made the investment. I would opt for the safety aspect. Just another opinion.
-
......................................
Persistence replied to ray koziatek's topic in Open Lake Discussion
Ray, I will be docked at Olcott from 5/9 until Sunday. I believe I have dock #20 or #21. I have a 26' Penn Yan with a blue top. Stop by and make sure you have the bucket hat. Good Luck -
Fish Bandit, I see you are putting the new boat through its paces. One question though..... I was wondering how the dog is on a rod I was out last night also. I fished the other direction and found the cohos in 7 feet of water. What a great evening!!!!!!
-
Jim, Good Luck to you also. 2nd place is not a bad thing!!!!!!!
-
John, you really need to take it right down. Any residual old paint that you leave on will remove the new paint when it flakes off. Sanding the bottom with a medium grit paper will do the trick. Ask your local marine supply store for their recommendation on the grit number. I think you will be happier with the results if you take a little extra time with sanding. Just my thoughts from experience.
-
Hey Ray, I just have to say that you really crack me up with some of your postings!!!!!! Hope you find your fly box. As you stated, it could get messy......... The canoe is still here waiting for it's new owner.
-
Sandy Creek 4/21, 4/22
Persistence replied to Persistence's topic in New York Fishing Reports - Lake Ontario (South Shore)
School Master, Rob is correct on the channel. I had 6 to 7 ft of water staying dead center lined up with the marker at the yacht club. -
Sandy Creek 4/21, 4/22
Persistence replied to Persistence's topic in New York Fishing Reports - Lake Ontario (South Shore)
Hey School Master how are you doing. The fishing has been preety good so grab your pencils and pens and get out there!!!!! The docks are not in at either marina. I can see the docks at Sleepy Hollow lined up along the driveway and there are a number of fishing boats on trailers at John's and have not seen any of the guys passing by the house on their way out to the lake. There has been a pretty good current in the creek and that may be keeping Frank from putting his docks in. Not sure about John.
