Launched early. Straight off the river. Heavy clouds. Strong ESE wind. Decent thermal change at 75-90FOW. (51F to 46F) Anyways, 1 Laker (13#) then 1 King (15#). Both 30 down over 90FOW. Both on Purple spooks. (NK) roughly 40 ft back. Laker clean, Salmon scarred.

Sorry, no pics. Camera shot. Called it quits shortly after CG put up wind advisory. (9:30 or so) Wanted to get boat out & covered before rain hit. Poured right after I backed into diveway & got soaked anyway. Bright & sunny right now...figure ;(

There were a few boats out but guess they went deep fairly early. One guy at launch said he got 1 towards Bradocks. No details.

County has an attendant on duty at launch now. No more freebies. $8.00 fee or $100 for the season.

Luck to all,

Tom B.

(LongLine)

Thanks for the report Tom. You followed us out of the river this morning. We started in about 50ft and worked out to 250. Best luck was in ~175. The screen was pretty much dead all day. Wound up 4 for 7 with 1 laker, 2 teenage kings and 1 shaker king. It got pretty snotty out deep. We pulled lines at about 10:30 and made the slow ride in. Here are pix of the kings:

aV1LWHp0.jpg

Pq25tu_S.jpg

Off to do some walleye fishing next week, so it was good to get out.

$8 to launch! Holy cow!

Mark - WTG. I thought about heading out a little but CG convinced me not to, so I circled the other way, toward the dredge. Kind of bumpy out there huh? How late were you out?

Tom B.

(LongLine)