Some years ago this site has really help cut my teeth salmonoid fishing on Lake Ontario. It’s kind of a shame that the info on here has been so sparse. Regardless… today we spent time on the lake targeting some Ontario sharks. Started this am around 0630 a mile or so east of the chute and trolled west with the predominate east/ northeast breeze. We started around 200 fow and found the cold water pushed in tight to the south shore. We were seeing 46 degrees down only 40’ with 58 on the surface. We picked a few nice kings in the first hour in 209-250 but was then forced to Bob and weave with a bunch of north/south trollers. As the morning wore on we slid out to 300-400 and had a slow but steady pick of mid teen kings with our first ho of the year mixed in. Flat lake and great conditions. Pulled almost all off the riggers planted 40-60 down. Pretty exclusively a spoon bite with one off a flasher/fly. The further out the warmer the water. 62 surface and 47-48 down 60’. I hope this helps a few of you heading out this weekend. Tight lines!!

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Killerk said:

Some years ago this site has really help cut my teeth salmonoid fishing on Lake Ontario. It’s kind of a shame that the info on here has been so sparse. Regardless… today we spent time on the lake targeting some Ontario sharks. Started this am around 0630 a mile or so east of the chute and trolled west with the predominate east/ northeast breeze. We started around 200 fow and found the cold water pushed in tight to the south shore. We were seeing 46 degrees down only 40’ with 58 on the surface. We picked a few nice kings in the first hour in 209-250 but was then forced to Bob and weave with a bunch of north/south trollers. As the morning wore on we slid out to 300-400 and had a slow but steady pick of mid teen kings with our first ho of the year mixed in. Flat lake and great conditions. Pulled almost all off the riggers planted 40-60 down. Pretty exclusively a spoon bite with one off a flasher/fly. The further out the warmer the water. 62 surface and 47-48 down 60’. I hope this helps a few of you heading out this weekend. Tight lines!!

Appreciate the post. It's definitely quieter than it used to be on here. Might be more people posting on the social media apps instead of Internet forums but I'm not sure. 

Fished from 5:15-10:30, 100-125 fow fished 30-80 down. 6 color with glow green alewife spoon started off hot. As the day went on, riggers and divers with spin doctor and flies started taking bigger fish. Riggers down 70-80. 1 with big spin doctor and fly, other with carbon 14 spoon with gator as the slider. Divers were 145 and 170 back on 3 setting. mtn dew and lemon ice spin doctor with flies. We finished the day 20-26 with a lot more misses.

18 hours ago, Killerk said:

Sounds like a good day.