8 hours ago, bluegiller said:

how is the lake out there with this southwind?

Sorry didn't see your post, it was fishable for us, lake flattened out late morning.

We fished the 28.5 line out to 32, then  drove back in 28 line trolled east, took 4 kings, 2 steel, 1 coho.. missed the same amount 

30 minutes ago, SmilinEd1 said:

Sorry didn't see your post, it was fishable for us, lake flattened out late morning.

We fished the 28.5 line out to 32, then  drove back in 28 line trolled east, took 4 kings, 2 steel, 1 coho.. missed the same amount 

super noob question here: I notice most people on here talk depth in foot of water when reporting where they are fishing, but people who post oak orchard reports talk about lines which i would have to assume(hopefully correctly) is latitude minutes. Just wondering why...

19 minutes ago, Matt From Kingston said:

super noob question here: I notice most people on here talk depth in foot of water when reporting where they are fishing, but people who post oak orchard reports talk about lines which i would have to assume(hopefully correctly) is latitude minutes. Just wondering why...

Gives you precise location other than saying we fished so and so depth of water that could be anywhere..!

16 hours ago, Matt From Kingston said:

I think one reason you see it more from the oak than other ports is we seem to have a great late summer offshore fishery.  Some years we have good fishing inshore but on years with crazy winds we spend most of later summer offshore. Alos the lake bottom seems to flatten out and not change as fast once you get to 300 fow. So the north lines seem easier. that's just my take on it. I have fished up and down the lake shore, but live right here at the oak so maybe I am biased but this area seems to have the best summer offshore fishing on Lake ontario.  From here to rochester seems like the prime area in summer. 

• Like 1