Sandy Creek 5/15 evening 5/18 morning

Friday evening my sister indulged me(again) and went out to troll in the cold. Between 60 and 80 has been a good screen the last few times I have gone out but I couldnt manage a fish. Finally took a Steelie and a laker. Still have a lot of work to do on my top of the water game. I am learning to use planar boards with limited success. Mag NK Black spoon with a gold stripe and gold cup took the bow 7 colors out. Sister reeled in a 10 lb laker I didn't even know I was dragging (I guess I should loosen that release a little in the spring) but at least it was a fish. He ate my mag nk with seasick waddler look alike with orange dot instead of green.

Pqa_7Q0.jpgPqa_cPi.jpg

5/18 morning

Fished 6am to mid dayish

Went 4/6 on the lake with 2 kings (4lbs and 9lbs) and 2 steelies (sandwich size!).

Was marking fish in small pods but bait was either all on top or all on the bottom. Took all 4 fish between 160 and 180 fow. bigger king hit a white mop/crushglow SD with a green/noseeum fly on a dipsy with spiderwire(power pro basically) back 300 on a 3.

Other king was part of a double I took with a mag die hard down 60 and a chicken wing free slider off that. Steelie up high, king@60 double on 1 rod! Yay me! Forget what took the other steelie but I think it was a mt dew SD with white/green fly down about 80 or 90ft.

Took a few more hits and misses on the dispy.

On the way in my partner of the day wanted to troll in the creek dragged a diving perch in front of the BYC. His reward- a rather large bowfin (yuck).

Pqa_kiJ.jpggx105qNr.jpg

Its about time I got into some silvers.

Nice ! Looks like you might be the guy who offered to take me the other day, I am the husky [ not fat guy] from the east jetty. pretty slow from my end, not much time left for me , though. Got a 14 -15 lb rainbow last Friday, best fish this spring for me this spring. Good luck, lots of good info avaiable here.