Garmin 172C problem

Now that the bottom work is done, I was up putting everything on the boat yesterday and when I hooked up the Gamin 172C Chartplotter, it started acting strange. It powered up fine and acquired the satellites right away, but after 45 seconds to a minute it just shut down. It did this 6 or 7 times in a row before I stopped playing with it.

Anyone else ever have this happen with a Garmin or have any ideas what might be causing it? I've had the unit for 3 or 4 years without any issues at all.

Thanks,

Tim

p.s. when I checked the battery voltage on the Garmin, it was showing 11.2, but everything else, the blower, the outdrive tilt and trim, etc., all functioned and sounded normal like they always do with a full battery charge. It may have been from a low battery, but I don't think so.

Tim,

Funny you should say this. I experianced the same thing with mine this past weekend (Saturday morning) at the bar. It only did it four times and then I disconnected the plug in the back. The plug connection was a little green so I plugged and unplugged it a few times and then tried again. Had no issues for the two days after.

Sorry I did not give you a call when I was up.

Richard