Day 1 / 2 / 3 / 4 / 5 / 6 videos of the Loc derby at "The Bar"

Looks like a great day for you, nice video.  Plan to fish the same area this Monday - Wednesday out of Wilson  for my first time in my new Starweld Fusion 18'.  Hope the seas and fishing are just as good as were yours. 

Posted (edited)

Weather is looking great next 5 days of our trip...!  Congrats on the new Starweld!  Wilson is ground zero for fishing!  But anywhere from Wilson to the Bar is full of fish right now!  Good luck Tom!  Thanks for watching!

Edited by digitroll

• digitroll changed the title to Day 1 / 2 / 3 videos of the Loc derby at "The Bar"
  • digitroll changed the title to Day 1 / 2 / 3 / 4 videos of the Loc derby at "The Bar"
  • digitroll changed the title to Day 1 / 2 / 3 / 4 / 5 / 6 videos of the Loc derby at "The Bar"

A great 6 days at the Bar totaling 47 hours of rods in the water trolling.  4 wires and 2 Riggers for two of us.  Sunday was the best day with an insane bite!  We landed 70 Kings / 3 LT / 2 Steel / 3 Coho.  1 nice king on the LOC board for awhile before it gets booted in the next few days.  All were released to swim another day and the one we registered 20 lbs 12 oz 40" we gave to a couple of fisherman visiting near the Youngstown weigh station on the river.   Smart Troll system was amazing tracking my Slide Diver wires in the water.  It was 80% wire bites this week!  Great time!

Great video’s Ron. It was nice to meet you guys on shore. I really appreciate the info you gave us. I definitely have a lot to learn. It was a tough week for us. But we have hade harder weeks before. My best day was Friday. We went 5 for 8. Tight lines. I look forward to chatting with you on the water again.  

Jacques 

Nice to meet you guys Jacques!  The bite really got tough later in the week and into the week I noticed after returning Thursday.  Lot of east wind this derby more than I have ever experienced in 20 years fishing here this spring Loc derby.  It was a grind at times!  Keep up the effort!  Our 19th place fish shocked me staying on the board nearly a week starting at 7th on May 5th (big bite sunday)!  The bite normally gets better and a fish like mine disappears quickly off the board.  

Edited by digitroll
dfdadded details