Oatka Creek 19th & 21st, Sandy Creek 24th

Fished Spring Creek on the 19th w/ an earlier than usual sulphur hatch. Fishing was good, caught 12-13 fish on sulphur emergers, wet flies and dries.

PqXVaxA.jpg

On the 21st fished Oatka. In Wheatland and Scottsville. Water levels are very low... we need rain. But the caddis and sulphur hatches are very good. Did well w/ sulphur dunns size 16 and caddis dries in tan size 14. Despite the low water, fishing was good, we should have good caddis and sulphur hatches for the next three weeks.

aVGn1qr.jpg

Fished out of Sandy on the 24th w/ my wife, Tricia, Jax, my friend Paul Jacob from Reel Action Flyfishing and his fiancé Andrea. We fished East towards Watoma. Best depths were 130-150 FOW for us. Had a very good day w/ hits on all rigs. NBK on a 10 color lead-core was good early. The riggers were set 35-85 w/ chicken wing, NBK, gator and tuxedo. All took hits. Two color lead-core on planer boards took fish early. Mid-day the wires produced at 150 on a 3 setting for our best fish w/ a chicken wing spin dr , pink and white TroutNAbout no-seeum fly. Next wire hit was white spin-dr w/ TroutNAbout white &Black fly on a 2 setting out 240. It was great to have such fast action and great fishing w/ good friends. Sorry it took so long to post.. if the weather holds, we will be out Friday morning.

PqXWXN0.jpg

aVGnCQA.jpg

gx1l2uhr.jpg

PqXXef0.jpg

great to get all types of pics after some of us get the big boy addiction we forget our roots of small streams ,quiet bubbling waters ,feeding mesquotes,nasty horseflys,long walks teasing the hidden fish to bite ,untangling the line from the bushes behing you and realizing you forgot the water 1 mile from the truck. ......could you feel any difference in the fight between the 2 types of fishing? thanks for the reminder!

Of course there is a difference in the fight between the two types of fish. The attraction of fishing to me is not so much the fight of the fish, but the thrill of fooling the fish w/ what you have tied... whether it is a small dry fly or a flasher and fly combo on the lake both are exciting.

Thanks for the feedback Ray. I truly appreciate it.