Lowrance AP issues

We installed a Lowrance AP on a 24' Thompson the other week. Calibrated with the rudder position and did the 390 degrees turn calibration. It's connected to a Lowrance hds live 12" unit. The heading sensor is mounted on the dash. Day 1 it steered great, day 2 and 3 it would hunt a little then after say a mile or two it will start with a sharp S pattern and get to where it's useless. We turned it off and on and it would continue with the S pattern.

Any ideas where to start with it? 

Thank You

Are you getting any interference where your puck is? The first year I put electric riggers on my boat they interfered and I had to move them up about a foot and never had anymore issues. Mine would do the same thing. 

Well that was on thought I had. It’s mounted next to the Lowrance head unit and the fish hawk unit. Directly below the dash in the cuddy is the computer part of the AP. When we are back to Henderson in 2 weeks I thought of moving the heading sensor outside. Possibly on the roof because I have a spot to go through an old antenna wire ran. 

Puck is on top of the console between the HDS unit and the fish hawk. But it is under the windshield and hard top. Just mounted in front of the steering wheel on the dash 

Is it the Point-1 AP heading sensor? 
That unit needs to be free and clear of any electrical interference. That is most likely your problem. Relocate the heading sensor and you issue will most likely be resolved. 

I would think if you have a way to route it there already moving it up high away from everything would be your best bet mine is on my starboard side gunnel all the way in the back. 

32 minutes ago, Shattered said:

Is it the Point-1 AP heading sensor? 
That unit needs to be free and clear of any electrical interference. That is most likely your problem. Relocate the heading sensor and you issue will most likely be resolved. 

Yes point 1 AP…. Sounds like it should be an easy fix. Thanks guys 

33 minutes ago, jmyers8 said:

I would think if you have a way to route it there already moving it up high away from everything would be your best bet mine is on my starboard side gunnel all the way in the back. 

Thank you, gonna give it a try.