Thanks all

I'd like to thank Captain Jimmy Samia of Ace Charters and the East Coast Boys Pro fishing team for allowing me to be their observer and fishing partner for the last two weeks in the LOC Pro/Am's. I am very fortunate to have had the opportunity to participate in such an exciting form of fishing with some very knowledgeable and gracious fishermen. Landing all (most) of those fish you brought to the hooks in practice was a real blast. Sharing camp, dinner and all the rest will be an experience I'll never forget. I hope that I can share the experience again in the future. I certainly got an education in what it takes to catch these great fish of the great lake.

I'd also like to thank Captain Rich and the crew of the Praying Mantis for showing me a great time as the observer in the Niagra tourney. Great bunch of guys on that boat. Made me feel right at home and were most generous with their humor! Learned quite a bit here in the two days of the tournament.

And then there is Captain Don and boat pilot Captain Scott of the Reel Pleasure. Their boat lost a propeller at the end of Big Fish Friday and they were forced to scramble for a replacement prop or another boat. They found a prop that fit and worked into early Saturday morning to replace it in the water. Their efforts paid off as they placed 7th in the Orleans. They kept after the prize and it paid off. Teamwork certainly showed up here.

Of all of the things I have experienced on these boats emotions were at the front. I think I saw most of them as the days wore on. The quest for the prize and the passion for the fishing showed up for all of these teams through the drops and catches and finding the key to success. The fishing was tough at times and some egos were bruised, but in the end it was still... just fishing!

Thanks again!