WOW just woke up from a 36 hour nightmare. They always say if the signs from the heavens say stay home to obey! first i lay down at 1100pm for a few hr snooze at 1110 pm the wife staggers in to the living room telling me to call a ambulance, so tring to save a buck i grab her hair and drag to the van and off to the hospital...Well after every test known to man was performed and a speedy visit by the docter he says hold off on calling the inshurance co (life) she was only having a anxaity,ashma,attack and kicked us out at 230am .. so i drop her off at the end of the drive way and head to the oak..(first sign)......I arrive the oak at predetermined time and walk to the boat ,,,,,,,,the only fishing boat,,,,,,,, parked in the middle of the sailboat club,,,,Its at that point i realize i left my good spoons home (second sign) i decided i better get my corner set up just in case the 19 year veteran captian and tom find the boat..i look up at the array of zebco red rihno combanations, and okuma magna pro 20's ..on deep sea rods...(third sign they only get worse)..the veteran capt chooses his hotspot and setup with several pleading phone calls to other ports to find out where the fish are,with his blindfold on and devining rod in hand he stands on the bow seaking out the big boys.(4th)we set up a little fast 10 mph to get the spread out quick(1 min for me 25 min for tom and capt.carl) then settel into our 4mph perfect lure spinning speed(hey were using spinning rods).i throw out my worst spoons afraid of showing up my new capt and by dumb luck i get the first fish on slider about a 3 lb brown(square tail atlantic)..i take a minute to settel down after catching my breath (tom scared the crap outa me when he SCREAMED LIKE A LITTLE GIRL F I S H O N !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!).. kNOWING I JUST SHOWED UP THE BOAT WITH THE FIRST FISH i cut all the hooks off my lures except 1 rusty one and toss that out.wouldnt you know with every moonshine lure out in our spread known to man ,some high speed small steelie takes my rusty ol spoon ....yup 2 ray ---zippo everyone else,,,, dispite all efforts to keep the speed under 8 mph for the day we do manage to scrape a few more 3to 6 lb steelies (or teenage king) :lol::lol::lol: and the 9 year old brings in a decent 8 lb steelie to end the day oh wait a 12 in stelie banged his head on the rigger ball and was jumping senceless behind the boat unhooked for a fun areial show..then it happened after trolling nuttin but mooshine(isnt that some kind of booze)lures we snag a little steelie in the side with the moonshine sumpting or other.well 7 hrs and 49miles of trolling later(7mph average)we end our day,im really baffeled why our catch rate was down for all that ground covered..but it was a nice for a change to sit back and do NUTTIN NOTTA on another boat. After fishing outa my tin can at proper speed releasing more fish in a hour than we did all day it was a good day at the oak to do nuttin.......thanks capt carl and boys ond tom pulled through on some great food and NO CHUM SLIK FOR ONCE.great day

just got off the phone with jason fishing the oak same place we fished yesterday,there 6 for 6 at 9am with a 25 lb king in the box(not in derby saved 25 bucks) ..... trolling at 2.0 mph ,told him to bump it up to 3mph plus if there arms get to tired of REELING IN FISH. Seems like someone on this site mentioned the most important thing of fishing was the THREE S's=speed,speed,speed. But im shure whoever posted the speed thing was a rookie.

Hey carlm we went out to where you were Sat night, Had a double first thing landed the little king, but the water boiled and the rod was screaming on the other and then the hook pulled. Went back to the same location on Sun, but seeing there is no place to get gas from 8:30pm-5:00am we knew we could only last a couple of hours. We hit a tripple right after we got the rods sent and landed one small king. Then nothing. Oh WWell thanks for the tip.